Tell me I heard this wrong on the Scott Van Pelt show (1 Viewer)

I'm listening to Van Pelt right now, and they were very complimentary. They had us as the fourth best team in the league, one spot ahead of the Jets. They mentioned that the running game has been strong, and their main concern was wanting to see the defensive improvements be consistent enough long term to be sure that it's a sign of what we are rather than just part of a hot streak that won't last. That seems solid reasoning to me considering the teams recent history which includes a 0-4 to 4-4 turnaround followed by missing the playoffs.

They mentioned that the defense is playing better, the running game is strong, that we won despite Brees's off day, and the tremendous skill position depth on offense. Seems fair to me.

We got NY in back to back games. You want attention, we'll get it these next weeks...

I don't get you guys. They just said we were the 4th best team in the whole league, and their is very little difference between the top 4. Said we were definitely Superbowl contenders.

What do you want? Them to say we will go undefeated AND win the Superbowl?

Media hype doesn't matter. Next week GW confounds their rookie QB, shuts down their suspect running game, and Brees exploits their blitz for 3 long ones. Saints roll and destroy the Jets at our house.

NO: 34
NY: 13

Brees: 23-29: 298: 3 TDs 1 INT
Team: 30-114 yds rushing
D: 3 sacks, 2 picks and a FR.

------------------------------------Radar------------------------------------

------------------------------------Saints------------------------------------

The more we win, the harder it'll be for them to ignore us.

The Bills win doesn't have a huge "look at me" status on it because we didn't go out there and totally light them up. But as we know, if you really look at the game it showed that this is an extremely multi-dimensional team. Something other teams but not the media are worried about.

But we shut them out save for a Bobby April "gag" play! All props to Bobby but we had a shut-out on "D"!

I wonder had that TD not been made and the score were 27-0 would the love have flowed?

I don't get you guys. They just said we were the 4th best team in the whole league, and their is very little difference between the top 4. Said we were definitely Superbowl contenders.

What do you want? Them to say we will go undefeated AND win the Superbowl?

You must have missed the beginning of the show where he mentioned 6 other teams before the Saints. I dropped him an email right after that (Kevin from New Orleans) and I am sure others probably did too. But 6 teams as being the top teams in the NFL right now with no mention of the Saints was a serious oversight.

(And my email wasn't because media attention is important for us as a team or as fans, just because that type of constant oversight wouldn't have happened if we were the New York Saints, and that's poor sports reporting/discussion. Just like if we were the New York Saints, TO probably wouldn't be the ONLY national story from yesterday's game.)

apparently you sent your email before he said what he had to say about the saints.

Don't expect many talking heads to give us any credit unles we remain undefeated after going through the New York teams. Even then, there are other stories. The media as a whole likes big narratives like Favre against the Packers and "can he win another Superbowl??" or the rookie Sanchez leading the Jets to an amazing 3-0 start. They live off that stuff. In 2006 we got a lot of good press because we seemed to be a team of destiny and "life returning to the Big Easy." As of right now, we don't have a story. We're just quietly kicking *** and destroying teams. Pretty soon, after the NY stretch, the story will be "can anyone stop the Saints??"

:plus-un2:

You must have missed the beginning of the show where he mentioned 6 other teams before the Saints. I dropped him an email right after that (Kevin from New Orleans) and I am sure others probably did too. But 6 teams as being the top teams in the NFL right now with no mention of the Saints was a serious oversight.

(And my email wasn't because media attention is important for us as a team or as fans, just because that type of constant oversight wouldn't have happened if we were the New York Saints, and that's poor sports reporting/discussion. Just like if we were the New York Saints, TO probably wouldn't be the ONLY national story from yesterday's game.)

I heard that. Earlier in this thread I said Scott did apologize for missing out on the Saints. Lol he talked about your email :9:

I heard that. Earlier in this thread I said Scott did apologize for missing out on the Saints. Lol he talked about your email :9:

he repeated what he said. And confirmed that he did mention the Saints, and then elaborated on the saints.

I'm really interested to see what type of blitzing schemes GW comes up with for Sanchez. If he throws 3-4, and 4-3 in there again next week, and we get the kind of pressure we were getting vs the Bills, it's lights out. ....

Should be interesting to see what GW comes up with this week, because the Jets o-line >>> the Bills o-line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom