Tell me I heard this wrong on the Scott Van Pelt show (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I was just listening to the Scott Van Pelt show on ESPN radio. They were talking about the three teams that really have impressed them New York Jets, New York Giants and ?. It doesn't matter that the Saints were left out, but the reasons they gave for the 3 teams were the same way the Saints won this weekend;
1. Rushed for over 200 yards
2. Played on the road and won
3. Stout defense

Yet, after giving the reasons above, the Saints were not even on their top 6 list (3 teams to watch).

Geaux Saints!!!

no you heard correct. never wanted to beat a non conference team so bad as i want the saints to defeat the jets. just so tired of the love story with Sanchez

The more we win, the harder it'll be for them to ignore us.

The Bills win doesn't have a huge "look at me" status on it because we didn't go out there and totally light them up. But as we know, if you really look at the game it showed that this is an extremely multi-dimensional team. Something other teams but not the media are worried about.

Really, I don't care because I think the Saints players or fans deserve/need the "Cheese;" but the way some of these sports "journalists" cover small market teams in comparison to large market ones is bad for all sports fans.

I heard it too and sent Scott an email asking why a team that has been more impressive on the field and on paper is magically not mentioned (with no reason as to why) in the same breathe as the major market teams. SVP should be better than that.

Don't expect many talking heads to give us any credit unles we remain undefeated after going through the New York teams. Even then, there are other stories. The media as a whole likes big narratives like Favre against the Packers and "can he win another Superbowl??" or the rookie Sanchez leading the Jets to an amazing 3-0 start. They live off that stuff. In 2006 we got a lot of good press because we seemed to be a team of destiny and "life returning to the Big Easy." As of right now, we don't have a story. We're just quietly kicking *** and destroying teams. Pretty soon, after the NY stretch, the story will be "can anyone stop the Saints??"

I don't mind the Saints still flying under the radar. We are good, and I don't need a schmuck like Van Pelt to tell me.

Funny thing is, it was getting to me that Brees was still getting compared to QB's like Romo and Palmer. Now that the Drew Brees slobberfest is official and a lot of media guys agree that he is the #1 QB in the NFL right now, I'm wishing they would stop saying that.

I was just listening to the Scott Van Pelt show on ESPN radio. They were talking about the three teams that really have impressed them New York Jets, New York Giants and ?. It doesn't matter that the Saints were left out, but the reasons they gave for the 3 teams were the same way the Saints won this weekend;
1. Rushed for over 200 yards
2. Played on the road and won
3. Stout defense

Yet, after giving the reasons above, the Saints were not even on their top 6 list (3 teams to watch).

Geaux Saints!!!

Actually he apologized for the leaving out the Saints shortly after and added them as legit.

I'm getting to the point where I don't mind, the whole not being mentioned or given the credit, because I know how good this team really is and the players know as well, but they still have that hunger to be even better every day...

That being said, what infuriates me is when people discredit what the Saints are doing...for instance, earlier Cowherd (only listened for 5 mins) had a poll online asking which HC/QB combination would you rather:

Belicheck/Brady - 50%
Payton/Brees - 24%
Coughlin/Manning -16%
Reid/McNabb - 4%

or something to that effect, but the first 2 are correct...Cowherd lost his **** that so many people had picked Payton/Brees, so much so that he started calling all THESE fans, Bandwagon fans who have no idea and are only going for the hot team of the week...

That's just completely moronic to me....#1 offense 2 of 3yrs, number 3 the other, and last year Brees throws for over 5000 yds and he doesn't think that combo deserves to be ranked that high? That ****** me off so much more than not being mentioned at all!!! :rant:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom