Tell me I heard this wrong on the Scott Van Pelt show (1 Viewer)

All i knowis that we go in week 4 @ 3-0 with the Jets. once we come out victorious, they'll respct us. and anyway, who has the jets played?

You still hear people on espn talk and they say that New Orleans mighty passing game is going to have a tough game against the Jets and that our Defense is still suspect. Obviously no one watched the game. Who Cares. They will all know soon enough how good we are as we keep winning.

this is the 3rd consecutive Monday I have e-mailed scott and ryen and asked if the Saints were still a ham sandwich team or have they have elevated them to a gourmet po-boy yet..............

All i knowis that we go in week 4 @ 3-0 with the Jets. once we come out victorious, they'll respct us. and anyway, who has the jets played?

Houston, New England, and Tennessee

It's hard to say they haven't had a tough schedule. Who'd the Saints beat? Detroit, Philadelphia, and Buffalo.

The Jets are a great team, and this upcoming weekend is a major test. Drew will be hard for the Jets to shut down like Buffalo did, given he's at home and in a dome with no wind, but the Jets have a better defense than the Bills IMO. And their offense just seems to get it done. Disrespecting the Jets is not warranted.

It's hard to say they haven't had a tough schedule. Who'd the Saints beat? Detroit, Philadelphia, and Buffalo.

The Jets are a great team, and this upcoming weekend is a major test. Drew will be hard for the Jets to shut down like Buffalo did, given he's at home and in a dome with no wind, but the Jets have a better defense than the Bills IMO. And their offense just seems to get it done. Disrespecting the Jets is not warranted.

We will soon see if Breeze can get it done against a relentless blitz. It will also be a good test for our OL. I hope that Lanse More is ready to go. That will make a big difference imo.

HOW DO YOU GUYS NOT GET IT YET?!?!?!?!

MOST of the media reads the stat lines and only watches the highlights of the "big market" teams. This is why, no matter what, you are always going to see the east coast teams and the Cowboys get all of the air time. SO WHAT if some of the media doesn't think we are one of the top 6 teams in the league. You know how we are gonna change that??? KEEP WINNING!!!

Let them underestimate us all the way to the Super Bowl.

During the week, all I ever hear on these TV and radio shows are misinformed people with a bias towards the big market teams.

I would LOVE to be the apple of the media's eye...but until we beat all of the big teams (and we play both NY teams, NE, and Dallas so we control it ourselves) we aren't going to be consistently recognized.

Oh...and what has Scott Van Pelt done to warrant we as fans having to respect his opinion???

/rant off

I'm really interested to see what type of blitzing schemes GW comes up with for Sanchez. If he throws 3-4, and 4-3 in there again next week, and we get the kind of pressure we were getting vs the Bills, it's lights out.

The rookie has played well, and it's nice to see a top draft pick at that position warrant his slot taken, but the Jets have faced sub par pass rushes. Texans D is TERRIBLE, Titans D is nowhere near the same defense vs the pass that it was a year ago, and the Pats D is so banged up and missing players they arent all that either.

We continue to stop the run like we have, and we get the pressure we did this week, even with the Jets really good defense, i think Turnovers, and our home crowd will be the difference.

Yea, I don't think I'd go so far as to call the Jets a great team just yet. The Titans and Texans aren't really what I'd call quality opponents. And pulled off a 16-9 win over a Patriots team that seems to be in disarray.

This week will be a test again for both teams but at the end of the day IMO the JETS will be exposed for the young inexperienced (thou up and coming) team that they are.

Ha, my email got SVP to admit the Saints are a "potential Super Bowl team," mission accomplished.

Not disrepecting them. only trying to figure out how they are better.

I was just listening to the Scott Van Pelt show on ESPN radio. They were talking about the three teams that really have impressed them New York Jets, New York Giants and ?. It doesn't matter that the Saints were left out, but the reasons they gave for the 3 teams were the same way the Saints won this weekend;
1. Rushed for over 200 yards
2. Played on the road and won
3. Stout defense

Yet, after giving the reasons above, the Saints were not even on their top 6 list (3 teams to watch).

Geaux Saints!!!

you heard wrong, he did include the saints.

he mentioned the saints and how they ran for over 200 yards, won 2 road games and playing good defense during that segment, then he received and email and repeated what we said about the saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom