Temporary work in New Orleans (1 Viewer)

geoffspins

Limey Saint
Reaction score
Well, I finally talked my wife into it and we're moving to NOLA at the end of this month for three or six months. She's a travelling nurse and will be working at Ocshner on Jefferson. I'll be looking for something temporary (I'm very diverse) over the same period. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want to bore you with my resume, but it includes a degree, 6 years in the British Army, 2 years running a franchise restaurant and a couple more cooking for mid-America.

Thanks,

Geoff.

Last edited:
Well, I finally talked my wife into it and we're moving to NOLA at the end of this month for three or six months. She's a travelling nurse and will be working at Ochsner on Jefferson. I'll be looking for something temporary (I'm very diverse) over the same period. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff.

When I moved back to NOLA in 99, I found it very hard to land a good job, especially from the temp agencies. That's why I am in NYC. I don't know about post K, but that's the experience I got.

There are definitely oppurtunities in construction related jobs. And within your time period (you are coming in at the peak of tourist season), there will probably be many oppurtunities in hotel, tourist and event production fields.

There are definitely oppurtunities in construction related jobs. And within your time period (you are coming in at the peak of tourist season), there will probably be many oppurtunities in hotel, tourist and event production fields.

yep. not sure what your interests are, but the most immediately available jobs in New Orleans are construction work and service industry type stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom