Ten Minutes of Intrigue (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The 2008 draft is proceeding...nine teams have already picked. The Saints are now on the clock. The DT prospects from LSU and USC are off of the board. The corners from South Florida (Jenkins), Troy (McKelvin) and Tennessee State (Rogers-Cromartie) and the linebacker from USC (Rivers) are on the board. Also on the board is a certain QB (for arguments sake, let's say Brohm from Louisville), and there are three teams (for arguments sake, let's say Carolina, Chicago and Detroit) that are trying very hard not to look in the direction of Louisville. Each of the three teams is aware that the other two may be interested in the same player. The telephone rings at Saints headquarters--multiple calls coming in from several teams.

For the next ten minutes, you are Mickey Loomis. Who is calling (let's assume that Carolina is not one of the callers, since they are in our division)? What is being offered? What are you willing to trade for (or not trade) ?

I listen politely, take a sip of my latte, then draft Mckelvin and turn my sights to the best de or te in round 2...

i agree with daveparks. leodis all the way. rivers next. (except for the latte; coffee: black)

Cromartie or trade down and atleast get the 4th back. The one player I don't want is CB McBust. He's not a special CB or a special returner. He's just good at both. That translates to average in the NFL. Not worthy of a top 10 pick.

The only team that I can see drafting a QB out of the top 10 is the Bucs.
but if those 3 teams were interested, why not pick up some extra picks and still get one of the CBs or Rivers.

1st- latte? come on. i hope noone in that war room is drinking a frickin latte. i embarassed for you.

2nd- cromartie, hands down my favorite player in the draft. i would listen to arguments about rivers. but if it's my call- drc, baby.

before i do i listen to all trade offers for picks. if someone gives us an obscene trade for our pick like 1, 2, 3 i would do it. otherwise, drc.

I listen to all offers but probably take Rivers, then whoever is the top corner or DT for our team in round two, and the top corner or DT in round three.

You take JENKINS all the way!! He IS the best corner left available in your scenario....He is quick, proven, and you would be a fool to either take him, or the LB from Oklahoma!!

i don't think the Saints will be picking at 10....for some reason i think we will trade up to get Ellis..... Orgeron recruited him at USC...he is probably drooling over getting him 4 years later!!!! i say saints trade up to 5,6, or 7 to get Ellis....especially if the FalClowns draft Dorsey, which i believe they do....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom