Tension with SVG and team? (Update: SVG fired) (1 Viewer)

Stan Van Gundy out.. after one year? I dont get it

The players aren't responding well to him. It's not going to work. If we don't get the coaching situation fixed, there's no way Zion will sign a 2nd contact with Nola.

But it is surprising that we're willing to pay him $15 Million to leave. That's how big of a deal it is to get this right. The future is riding on it.

Last edited:
Get Chauncey Billups
I’m hoping for Charles Lee. I would like Kenny Atkinson as well. Just please not Jason Kidd or Jacques Vaughn. There is a lot of smoke so far about Theresa Weatherspoon being promoted.

I’m hoping for Charles Lee. I would like Kenny Atkinson as well. Just please not Jason Kidd or Jacques Vaughn. There is a lot of smoke so far about Theresa Weatherspoon being promoted.
If we can't get Becky Hammon, I'm for giving Fred Vinson or Theresa a shot. I think Fred has earned his chance considering how he's help improved Ball and others with their shooting.

If we don't get a coach with some youth / fire/ juice and player relatability... A Vet point guard that can actually lead - keep us from blowing leads - get us to finish games.... and some real deal (3 and D) shooters to put around Zion and BI.... I will not waste my time with the Pels this year.

Last edited:
Welp. Kendrick Perkins mentioned reasons why the SVG hire might not work last year. Most said he's just dumb and has no idea what he was talking about.

Seems like he was exactly right.

I also think SVG wanted out. He just didn't want to coach a roster full of 23 year olds.

Welp. Kendrick Perkins mentioned reasons why the SVG hire might not work last year. Most said he's just dumb and has no idea what he was talking about.

Seems like he was exactly right.

I also think SVG wanted out. He just didn't want to coach a roster full of 23 year olds.
A broken clock is right twice a day. Kendrick Perkins is still dumb. But I agree about SVG not wanting to be here. The team seemed to not want him here even more though, as supposedly he was not well liked by the players or management.

If you lose your 3rd super star because you can't get it together whilst having him under contract then I'll become a strong advocate of Gayle selling the team. Times ticking, year 3 starts later this year and now you have to bring in another coach. I have a strong feeling Griffin days are gonna be really numbered if not flat out axed after next season if they're not deep in the hunt for at least an 8th seed with room to breathe.

If you lose your 3rd super star because you can't get it together whilst having him under contract then I'll become a strong advocate of Gayle selling the team. Times ticking, year 3 starts later this year and now you have to bring in another coach. I have a strong feeling Griffin days are gonna be really numbered if not flat out axed after next season if they're not deep in the hunt for at least an 8th seed with room to breathe.
The next HC is going to have to be a home run....

The next HC is going to have to be a home run....

That Kushner article isnt very good. Basically, the Pelicans needed to be a playoff team without Zion, and within his first 85 games as a pro. He barely played last year and showed up to the bubble severely out of shape. This year Zion's defensive shortcomings were on full display.

For this to be the 2nd year of a full rebuild, the team looks good to me. They've got lots of contract flexibility and a plethora of future draft picks. Lots of young talent already on the roster.

For anybody to think an entire franchise needs to bow to the whims of a 20 year old, is insane. He needs to work on his defense, get a jump shot, and tell his family to shut the ef up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom