Tension with SVG and team? (Update: SVG fired) (1 Viewer)

I think you hire Weatherspoon. No good reason not to.

Griffin screwed the entire thing up by keeping Gentry that first year of Zion. Now we are on coach #3 in 3 years and no closer to the playoffs than we were a year ago.

We are well on our way to sending away our 3rd superstar. I doubt we get a 4th.

Griff's a meddler, he has been nothing but snake oil salesmen thus far and hasn't even come close to delivering. So we're probably axing the guy next season and he's going to make yet another coaching hire.

And I'm not excited about the rumored finalists. We are in win-now-or-lose-Zion-too-mode and the finalists have 0 head coaching experience.

And I'm not excited about the rumored finalists. We are in win-now-or-lose-Zion-too-mode and the finalists have 0 head coaching experience.
Who would you suggest that is available and has head coaching experience?

Who would you suggest that is available and has head coaching experience?
Frankly, I would have tried to make a move as soon as SVG was released. Griff seemed to have honed in on Lee and Green from the start. Hell, I would bought Becky in and I don't mean that just from the historical value, but her experience in San Antonio, being the interim HC and coaching the summer league into a championship. Hell, even Weatherspoon has experience as an HC, albeit the collegiate level. I personally would have looked at Vinson (an honest look) and Billups as well. I know Vinson got a token inteview, but I'm pretty certain Griff had his mind set at that point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom