Tequila! (1 Viewer)

I’ve never really new it was for anything other than shooting. After following the rock and doing some research it goes s way deeper. I didn’t even know they had light or dark till I researched. The clear I guess is true tequila and the dark is soaked in bourbon barrels I think. And it has to be 💯 agave if I’m not mistaken
It all has to be pure agave grown in the tequila province in the state of Jalisco.
Blanco or Jovan is straight unaged off the still. Less than 2 weeks of aging. Jovan can be tricky. In Mezcal jovan means it’s completely unaged. In tequila terms it can be the same as gold which is only about 50% tequila and then other fillers. If you see a gold tequila or a jovan tequila run. Jovan Mezcal is good though
Reposado is aged in barrels for a span of time. Must be two months to less than a year. Reposado you have to watch. Half the time they will do cheap Reposado in barrels for a month or two to get the title and throw caramel color in it so it looks darker.
Anejo has to be aged no less than 12months to three years. It also is generally much smoother in 2016 Mexico created Extra Añejo which is aged no less than 3 years. I’ve never had an Extra Anjeo as I’ve kinda found my likes and haven’t spent the cash on it since I’ve gotten lost in the craft/smaller Mezcal distilleries

Last edited:
the only silver I can drink/sip is Maestro Dobel

If I'm sipping tequila to have tequila, I'm going with añejo. And it's typically Patron. But I also like the Casamigos. The milagro repasado I've also had and liked. Never had the Espolòn Añejo, but would really like to try it.

My brother has had some from Buffalo Trace, and said it was good. They are aged in those bourbon barrels.

Havent tried a ton of different brands.

Mix, liquor, pomegranate liquor which makes a mean margarita if you make them from scratch and use blood orange, everyday drinking tequila, best Mezcal I can find. I have no corazon at the moment.

Attachments

• 1687BE73-F853-486D-A14D-A71F755CE503.jpeg
    1687BE73-F853-486D-A14D-A71F755CE503.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 9
I don't have a huge tequila collection, but a keep a few bottles on hand. Legado Reposado is good enough to sip and a very good bargain at $17 if you want something to mix. I like to mix soda water in with juice from half a lime when Im outside in the heat.

Prospero Anejo is what I like to sip. Nothing wrong with Don Julio Anejo, either. I really like the peppery flavors when I'm in the mood for tequila. I have heard good things about Arrogante, but I can never seem to find it.

Funny this thread started tonight. I haven’t had tequila since “all this started”. The wife and I hadn’t had a date night for about 3 months. We went to a mexican restaurant tonight and ate out on the patio. I had two margaritas and couldn’t even taste the tequila.

After dinner, the wife and i went to Sams Club since it was right down the road. I said I wanted to buy a bottle of tequila since i hadn’t tasted it in months. So i bought a bottle of clear 1800. Came home and put it on the rocks. Couldn’t do it after a couple of sips. My wife was bartender many years and said i should have bought darker tequila because it has more flavor for sipping.

Not going to lie. Only reason I wanted to sip tequila is because that what was MJ was sipping on during The Last Dance. Even after all of these years, i want to be like Mike.

This is my favorite tequila.
product-blanco.png

I agree, it’s definitely one of the better at that price point. Don’t drink tequila all that often nowadays, too much red wine, however it’s supposed to be room temperature and sipped like whiskey. My favorite is Clase Azul, but it is definitely expensive. Patron is way overrated, but they have a done a great job of promoting it.

My friend from Mexico introduced me to a very simple, but great cocktail. Reposado Tequila, Fresca, lime and salt(Paloma). Very refreshing and I like it better than the grapefruit version!

Mezcal is pretty good as well, smokey though!

Clase Azul is my favorite!

I feel like I'm one of the few gringos who doesn't either try to fight everyone on tequila or hate it because they had one of those "bad nights" off of it. I love it. Haven't tried the people's tequila, but I will if I see it. My go-to reasonably priced bottles are Cazadores and Espolon. I'm in for a tequila thread.

I get mellow on any liquor. This is the best tequila I ever had
amor_2_e.jpg

Not yet, but I am going to. Haven't seen it in my local ABC store. I was surprised when I heard about Johnson and his tequila venture... thought to myself "yay, more cultural appropriation!" :hihi: . But his distillery is in Los Altos, Jalisco; so, yes, Teremana is The People's Tequila.

If you find a bottle, try Tres Generaciones Añejo, see what you think of it.

I actually never had tequila until I got to New Orleans, because it is not something that's popular in my neck of the woods (or wasn't popular until the waves of huaches started to arrive in the Peninsula :hihi:). One night at a nightclub in the warehouse district, packed with Loyola freshmen from various foreign lands :hihi:, some Central Americans started talking ish about Mexico and how they could drink more tequila that we could , and my Mexican friends declared me their drinking champion.

Sauza does not make very good tequila, IMO, but I have to say that Tres Generaciones, anejo, is surprisingly good. If you serve that in a blind test, people would rate that very high. Still have a bottle or 2 at home.

Sauza does not make very good tequila, IMO, but I have to say that Tres Generaciones, anejo, is surprisingly good. If you serve that in a blind test, people would rate that very high. Still have a bottle or 2 at home.

You are all kinds of right. Tres Generaciones Anejo is good stuff. The best for the price IMO

Agreed. Regular Sauza is as bad as Cuervo. Always like the Hornitos. Tres Generacions is kids average, but it’s been a while since I’ve had it. I’ll have to grab one next time I’m out to see again.

Fortaleza Blanco is without a doubt the best tequila on the market, bar none. It's natural flavors are complex and interesting in a way that makes sipping it the way to go, even without aging. Of course the reposado and the anejo are tasty, but the Blanco is where it's at imo. Signed...drinker of bourbon.

• 1Like
Reactions: dtc

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom