Terms of the Keenan Lewis contract (1 Viewer)

I am glad we have him, clearly the FO identified him as our priority target and got their man. Does anyone else wonder why we paid him the most $ of all the available CB's though? Seems like a depressed market (like it was for most all FA's). I don't think it's a bad deal for us by any means, just curious why Smith and some of the other top rated CB's got so much less??

I am glad we have him, clearly the FO identified him as our priority target and got their man. Does anyone else wonder why we paid him the most $ of all the available CB's though? Seems like a depressed market (like it was for most all FA's). I don't think it's a bad deal for us by any means, just curious why Smith and some of the other top rated CB's got so much less??

I think the money was pretty good. Eagles signed Cary WIlliams (a way lesser corner) for 17mln and 3 years, Sean Smith (also a lesser player) for 18mln and 3 years and the same 11mln guaranteed as lewis got for 5 years

The cap hit is good value in the first two years versus his performance for the 2012 season. If he improves as a player and the cap increases/market increases then the value could also be there over the final three contract years.

I wonder what Nnamdi will ultimately sign for considering his performance value is really low over the past 2 seasons. I hope his contract is less than Lewis' guaranteed with a few performance based incentives.

Well it should be noted that he apparently turned down over a Mil. per year from 2 other teams to sign with us so no I don't think we overpaid.

They didn't get less, they got shorter term deals with more guaranteed-per-year.

Smith, for instance got $3 mil per year and the same amount guaranteed over a 3 year, not 5, deal.

This was a very cap friendly contract. He's cuttable (not that I hope we do that) in year 3 of his deal, and not even super heavily backloaded, as his cap number never exceeds $7 million. His final four years look like the deal we have Jabari Greer, but we also get the advantage of this super cap friendly year#1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom