Terrance Copper?...is it the fumble why yall hate him so much? (1 Viewer)

Copper has been a good WR for us. Yes, he had a bad game but, overall he's been a pleasant surprise. Everybody has bad games. If you were to cut every player that fumbles the ball at the wrong time,(when is it ever the right time) or commits a penalty, you'd have completely new teams every week.

He didn't even have a bad game. He had a great game. 92 yards and a TD for a 2nd reciever is a great game.

He had one bad play. As did reggie bush. reggie's fumble and drop (that would of been a 1st down) took points off the board also. Coppers just killed our chance of getting that TD...there was no gurantee. If bush doesn't fumble or catch that ball thats at least 6 points guranteed (well 90% guranteed).

Theres plenty of blame to go around.

Even though Copper messed up at the end that did not cost us the game. Overall he had his best game against Pittsburg (6 catches). Also, let's not forget that prior to that play Colston also dropped a pass that he should have caught. I think our guys were worn down at the end. When you're tired you drop more passes, fumble the ball more, and get called for more penalties.

Our D lost us this game. The reason our turnover margin is so high is because our D only has 10 takeaways (4 interceptions and 6 fumbles). We had 0 takeaways against the team that has the most turnovers this season. We have let our D off the hook this year. Even though they've played better than in the past, they are still not playing championship football. We cannot expect our O to win every game. The D has to start contributing also. In all of our loses the D could have made some crucial stops but did not. Let's put some pressure on them to play better also.

Our D lost us this game. The reason our turnover margin is so high is because our D only has 10 takeaways (4 interceptions and 6 fumbles). We had 0 takeaways against the team that has the most turnovers this season. We have let our D off the hook this year. Even though they've played better than in the past, they are still not playing championship football. We cannot expect our O to win every game. The D has to start contributing also. In all of our loses the D could have made some crucial stops but did not. Let's put some pressure on them to play better also.

I totally agree!

The two flubbed opportunities (drop, fumble) on the game-tieing drive. If that's the way he performs at crunch time, it's time to see what Michael Lewis can do in his spot.

i think Devery should learn both positions X and Y...i really think he is the better receiver...

i think Devery should learn both positions X and Y...i really think he is the better receiver...

Copper runs routes 10 times better than Henderson. And he blocks better. Henderson has dropped a couple of passes this year, and gotten some penalties called on him. So far, I'd say Henderson brings a lot more speed to the table, and that's about it.

My Cowgirl buddy said that the reason Dallas cut Copper was due to "bad hands."
Not that I give too much credit to a Dallas fan, but I do have to wonder why Parcells cut him.
I guess the girls were stacked at WR
Coach Payton abviously had enough confidence in him or he wouldn't have picked him up.
In Payton I trust!!!!!!!

Why is Copper being faulted with a drop?
The DB clearly knocked the ball out as he was bringing the ball in after snatching it out of the air with his hands.

As for the fumble, its not as if he was running and just laid it on the ground. The DB put a helmet on it.

Cut the guy some freakin slack.

I'm an LSU fan bigtime, but I'm quickly starting to hope we NEVER draft another Tiger. This homerism is pathetic.

give him a break! 1st start as receiver....I'm pretty sure Coach has implemented some, ball handling...stripping the ball type drills, this week in practice, they will be o.k!

Why are we pitting our receivers against each other? Copper filled in very well. He just had the most memorable mistake in a game with quite a few. Don't forget about the Jahri Evans late hit that killed a drive. Henderson was in the game for a lot of plays, as stated. But Pittsburgh was well aware of him after last weeks game against the Bucs.

Copper runs routes 10 times better than Henderson. And he blocks better. Henderson has dropped a couple of passes this year, and gotten some penalties called on him. So far, I'd say Henderson brings a lot more speed to the table, and that's about it.

Henderson isn't really any faster then Copper. I'm almost positive Copper runs a 4.3...Henderson is over loved because he has "speed". Its overrated. Copper is just as fast and can actually catch. (did you see his TD catch?). Yeah Henderson is nice when hes the 3rd WR and gets left wide open. As the number 2 he would be no better then copper.

Edit:: Devery runs a 4.4, Copper runs a 4.46. Not that much of a difference. We see what Colston is doing with his 4.5 speed.

Last edited:
Thanks! And please keep testing, Coach! :)

Welcome to the boards.

Andrus

"Coach"?? are you spillin the beans andrus....

Oh, and the first fumble.. the other poster said would have been overturned..
the replays i seen of that one, would have let to a big fat "inconclusive" evidence and play stands as called, with a loss of timeout.

his knee did look like was on ground in one angle, another it was about 6" from the turf when he lossed it.

If Devery actually is the better receiver he would have contributed in the pittsburgh game. Simply put.....he couldn't get open, he didn't have any catches. How is that a better player than one who gets open? Using the pittsburgh game as an example, stecker is a better WR than Henderson.

BTW....it's a silly debate. ANYTIME you have a situation where a game is on the line and you have to depend on as many unexperienced players as the saints were vs Pitt, your chances are limited. period! We sorely missed the good health of deuce and horn. The rest is a byproduct of that fact.

Last edited:
Copper had a few good plays and a couple real bad ones. It happens with young players.

We get a good bit of these type threads on the forum. Carney missed a preseason kick and people wanted to cut him. Brown gave up a couple sacks and people said he could never play left tackle. Rothlisberger flipped his bike and suddenly his career was over. Payton lost a preseason game and he was the worst coach we ever got.

Lets let the Copper thing play out. If he fumbles a lot or drops a lot, cut him. It seems a bit premature to judge the guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom