Terrance Copper re-signed.... (1 Viewer)

NOOOOOO!!!! Why are we spending our precious cap money on Terrence Freakin Copper?!?!

:cliffjumperssfguy:

/sarcasm

He's a quality #5/#6. He knows the offense, he knows Drew Brees. He can step in if he has too and contributes heavily on special teams. I envision Copper being a sort of slightly more capable Steve Gleason/Fred McAfee at the WR position.

yeah- good move extra wr who can play speical teams and who can catch 30-40 balls a year if need be.

Does any think the reason for the Saints jumping on Copper is because of the results from the combine? Everyone is saying there isn't a clear cut WR worthy of a first round pick and news just came out that Jackson is shorter than me. I wonder if the FO go a call to make something happen because they didn't like what they saw at the combine????

Just some food for thought

No Chad, I think I was just a smart move by the team. They guys been around here for a while and knows his role. We may still yet get another receiver but its not as pressing a need at the moment or high in the draft order.

Does any think the reason for the Saints jumping on Copper is because of the results from the combine? Everyone is saying there isn't a clear cut WR worthy of a first round pick and news just came out that Jackson is shorter than me. I wonder if the FO go a call to make something happen because they didn't like what they saw at the combine????

Just some food for thought

I would say that was a possibility if the combine concluded, but I think it runs through the weekend. I do not think they would factor in the combine that much when it is half concluded.

I think it is more of a cheap guy that know the offense and 4-5 WR is one less thing on the list going into FA and the draft. That said I do not think it will stop them if the right guy comes along in either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom