Terrance Copper re-signed.... (1 Viewer)

Good move now let's get Patten signed-up for 1 more year... and maybe think about what to do with Devery and WR is pretty much taken care of.

I think Devery's gone, unless it's a sort of no-gurantee minimum deal so he can come to camp and compete for a spot.

Copper, Meachem, Colston, Patten, maybe 1 mid-level vet (similiar to Patten last year) and a couple of veteran minimums. We'll almost certainly draft a WR somewhere in the draft, and then add a couple of UDFA's. That would be your 10 for camp.

Congrats, Copper! Glad to see a "hustle" player get rewarded by the FO.

Good re-signing. Copper is a perfect role player.

I think Devery's gone, unless it's a sort of no-gurantee minimum deal so he can come to camp and compete for a spot.

Copper, Meachem, Colston, Patten, maybe 1 mid-level vet (similiar to Patten last year) and a couple of veteran minimums. We'll almost certainly draft a WR somewhere in the draft, and then add a couple of UDFA's. That would be your 10 for camp.

Well Spam, do you think Skylar Green will be able to stick around if we let Devery walk? I mean he could line up at WR as well as KR/PR. I agree with your thoughts on Devery, I think they may let him explore free agency and if he doesn't get many bites sign him back low.

Glad to see Copper's back. My guess is this will be the first of a few re signings before the FA period opens next week.

YES! :hihi:

Copp is a great piece of our team. He has been for a while and was a great pickup from Dallas. We need to keep him as long as we can. Talk about a contributor.

Well Spam, do you think Skylar Green will be able to stick around if we let Devery walk? I mean he could line up at WR as well as KR/PR. I agree with your thoughts on Devery, I think they may let him explore free agency and if he doesn't get many bites sign him back low.

I don't know. I don't know what kind of shape Skylar Green is in. He may not even make it to Training Camp muchless the final roster, so there's really no telling :shrug:

The problem with bringing Devery in, on even a no-guarantee minimum deal, is he might actually win a roster spot. Sounds like a silly thing to say, but good camp performances haven't been Devery's problem in the past. It's keeping his head on straight and being consistent during the season.

Do you take the risk of Devery beating out a less-impressive but more consistent player for a roster spot and then have to carry him on your roster, potential risk and all?

Whenever Copper's in the game, whether its on ST or as a WR, he makes plays. He's a reliable guy, good signing.

so we now have 3 wr's under contract" Colston, Copper and Meachem? (not counting camp bodies etc..)? or is Lance Moore under contract too?

I like Terrance Copper, he seems to be a team player, catches the football in the clutch, is excellent on special teams and I have never heard a bad word about him. He is good for the Saints.

Terrance Copper has never been given a big role on offense, but it seems whenever his name is called, he performs well. He should get more playing time on offense. He has good size, speed, and hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom