Terron Armstead feeling 'a good terrible' after fighting through injury (1 Viewer)

• Admin
mike_triplett.png

By Mike Triplett | ESPN Staff Writer

METAIRIE, La. -- Terron Armstead wasn't going to lie and say he was feeling no pain on Monday morning after he returned from a torn pectoral in time to help the New Orleans Saints win their divisional-round playoff game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

But he smiled and said, "It's a good pain. It's a good feeling. ... It's a good terrible."

The standout left tackle called Sunday's game "one of the hardest games of my career in all honesty" because of his injury and because of how good the Eagles' front four is.

But he said after the game, "I'm happy man. I'm excited for next week. I'm gonna stay on this path, for sure. Definitely not 100 percent, that's no secret -- or close to it. But it did what I needed it to do, and we'll go do it again next week."

This has been maybe the best season of Armstead's six-year career. Not only is he about to play in his first NFC Championship Game on Sunday (3:05 p.m. ET, Fox) against the Los Angeles Rams, but he was also recognized for the first time as a Pro Bowler and second-team All-Pro. ...

Full Story - ESPN.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom