Terron Armstead? {Old thread bumped} (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armstead's contract makes him untradable right now.

You actually believe this? Like you think that if we put the best offensive lineman in football on the trading block, with a contract that isn't even top 5 for OL, we wouldn't have a line of 31 general managers?

We need depth but not sure what his next contract should be.

Seems like given the lack of availability it shouldn't break the bank.

This year wasn't he knee/hip issues. The torn pec can happen, but yeah every year it is something.

He hurt his pec at OTA back in 2017 against a blocking dummy. Guy is injury prone.

Remember when Anzalone was injury prone?
Oh get a life and stop obsessing over AA. Yeah, he was injury prone in college and got injured last year also.

Now back onto the topic of TA because that’s what the thread is about. You’ve clearly not even read my post and decided to try and be an ***. Armstead is injury prone, only a fool would deny it. He’s never completed a full season. It you actually read my post all you’d see me say that his health has become a concern... which it has. Of course, you’ll disagree like every other valid point other people make.

You actually believe this?
I mean, I don't know for sure. But his injury history would give any trade partner pause at his pricetag.

I want to keep the guy around. We just need to invest in his backup and not throw all our hopes in someone like Bushrod who is nearing the end of his career. Especially when you know Armstead's backup is going to get significant playing time every season.

Nobody is denying his talent, but when he’s constantly getting hurt and has never completed a full season you can bet for sure the Saints will flirt with the idea. You say “not a chance” but it’s happened to hundreds of players. They might have all the ability in the world but constant injuries have then made them dispensable. I love TA, but it is highly frustrating to see the O Line in constant change whenever he gets hurt and eventually it’ll get to a point where enough is enough. I wish thinks were different but they aren’t. I don’t want to get rid of him either but I can see others point of view. His health is a constant concern week after week.

Thank you!!! Awesome post. Dude is made of glass. We need someone more Reliable.

Thank you!!! Awesome post. Dude is made of glass. We need someone more Reliable.
Exactly, some homers won’t admit it because they aren’t in touch with reality. Clear to see in this thread.

Great player, but injury prone and it’s undeniable. I believe we will keep him but we have to invest in a good solid backup because they will be used often.

Oh get a life and stop obsessing over AA. Yeah, he was injury prone in college and got injured last year also.

Now back onto the topic of TA because that’s what the thread is about. You’ve clearly not even read my post and decided to try and be an ***. Armstead is injury prone, only a fool would deny it. He’s never completed a full season. It you actually read my post all you’d see me say that his health has become a concern... which it has. Of course, you’ll disagree like every other valid point other people make.
The point is that the fact that he has had injuries doesn't mean that he will continue having them. Taysom Hill was also injury prone. Season ending injuries 4 straight years. Doesn't get much more "injury prone" than Anzalone/Hill. You don't get rid of a player as good as Armstead unless he has something seriously wrong with him. He doesn't...

The point is that the fact that he has had injuries doesn't mean that he will continue having them. Taysom Hill was also injury prone. Season ending injuries 4 straight years. Doesn't get much more "injury prone" than Anzalone/Hill. You don't get rid of a player as good as Armstead unless he has something seriously wrong with him. He doesn't...

You are talking about guys who had a history of injuries BEFORE they got here. Anzalone missed last season...his first season here. Armstead has missed how many games now over his career as a Saint? Using that line of thinking why don't we just sign Sam Bradford as Drew's heir apparent because he is AMAZING when he is healthy.

I mean, I don't know for sure. But his injury history would give any trade partner pause at his pricetag.

I want to keep the guy around. We just need to invest in his backup and not throw all our hopes in someone like Bushrod who is nearing the end of his career. Especially when you know Armstead's backup is going to get significant playing time every season.

Man, I get it, I just don't agree. His contract is very reasonable. He's never missed a playoff run. I'd probably take 10 games of armstead plus 6 of Bushrod at their combined salaries over just about anyone else at their salary. Elite tackles don't grow on trees, and I'm not a big believer in "injury prone" being a real thing (the data generally backs me up here). Bird in the hand and such.

You really are deluded if you don’t think TA is injury prone. Not even gonna waste my time. The guy has missed large chunks of games EVERY season since he’s been in the league. Someone posted the amount of games he has missed each season in another thread a few weeks ago which I can’t find but it was alarming to say the least.

Being injury prone isn’t about having constant “Season Ending Injuries”. It doesn’t matter what the injur is. The point is every season he’s missed a large segment of games due to different injures. That is injury prone. Stop trying to talk it down just because he’s a Saints player. Guy is made of glass. If you don’t believe that by now then you never will and that’s fine, but don’t start getting upset whenever he misses games in the future.

Also I never said we should or will get rid of him. I hope we don’t, but we need to invest in a solid backup because they will be called upon at some point.

You are talking about guys who had a history of injuries BEFORE they got here. Anzalone missed last season...his first season here. Armstead has missed how many games now over his career as a Saint? Using that line of thinking why don't we just sign Sam Bradford as Drew's heir apparent because he is AMAZING when he is healthy.

Great comparison, because Sam Bradford is the best QB in football.

It doesn't matter where the injuries happened. The point is that they are healthy. Armstead doesn't have a chronic, reoccurring injury. How stupid would the Saints be if they got rid of him and he was healthy for the next few years? He's the best OT on the planet. You just don't do that under these circumstances. He tore a pec, he didn't break his neck.

Oh you definitely keep a top 5 Tackle in Football. He got injured on a freak play, a guy tangled arms with him going to the ground and his arm got pinned in an awkward position. Things happen.

Armstead will get surgery after the season ends and go back to his reformed conditioning and nutrition program that got him in the best shape of his life and will have his healthiest season to date next season.
what he says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom