Terron Armstead? {Old thread bumped} (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter where the injuries happened. The point is that they are healthy. Armstead doesn't have a chronic, reoccurring injury. How stupid would the Saints be if they got rid of him and he was healthy for the next few years? He's the best OT on the planet. You just don't do that under these circumstances. He tore a pec, he didn't break his neck.
It doesn’t need to be the same injury every year to be classed as injury prone :smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

It doesn’t matter if it’s the same injury each season or a different one. The point is, each season he gets injured and misses large amounts of games. This season it’s a torn pec, last season it was a knee, what will it be next season?

Nobody is saying we should release him or trade him etc. But it’s not silly to raise the point about addressing his injury concerns.

It doesn’t need to be the same injury every year to be classed as injury prone :smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

It doesn’t matter if it’s the same injury each season or a different one. The point is, each season he gets injured and misses large amounts of games. This season it’s a torn pec, last season it was a knee, what will it be next season?
Or will it be anything? IE Anzalone/Hill.

It could be anything. It could be nothing. Minus a few, e.g. concussions, hamstrings etc., injuries have been proven to be completely random. But you already knew that, I hope.

Oh you definitely keep a top 5 Tackle in Football. He got injured on a freak play, a guy tangled arms with him going to the ground and his arm got pinned in an awkward position. Things happen.

Armstead will get surgery after the season ends and go back to his reformed conditioning and nutrition program that got him in the best shape of his life and will have his healthiest season to date next season.

Not to mention that we are not the number one seed without Armstead this season. Even tonight the run game came alive again because he was back.

Or will it be anything? IE Anzalone/Hill.
I’m not sure why you keep bringing up your mancrush Alex Anzalone. AA has been in the NFL for under 2 seasons. Terron Armstead has been injury plagued ever year. Ahhh yes, because AA hasn’t been injured so far this year that of course means TA won’t get injured in the future lol.

I know it’s difficult for you, but quit your bias for once and see reality. Terron Armstead is injury prone. Being blind to this doesn’t increase your fandom buddy, you should realise this.

At this point it’s pain tolerance. Let him rest 3 weeks and he has to play doesn’t matter if he’s not 100%. I’m not trying to sound like an ***, but if he gets hurt in the playoffs oh well we lose him and needs surgery in the offseason. He has to play even if he’s not at his best.

I’m not sure why you keep bringing up your mancrush Alex Anzalone. AA has been in the NFL for under 2 seasons. Terron Armstead has been injury plagued ever year. Ahhh yes, because AA hasn’t been injured so far this year that of course means TA won’t get injured in the future lol.

I know it’s difficult for you, but quit your bias for once and see reality. Terron Armstead is injury prone. Being blind to this doesn’t increase your fandom buddy, you should realise this.

There is nothing of substance in any of your posts on this thread. You've ignored plenty of rational arguments by several posters who are trying to have a reasonable and good discussion. Acting tough and spelling words incorrectly doesn't make you right. It just makes your posts boring and pointless.

Not to mention that we are not the number one seed without Armstead this season. Even tonight the run game came alive again because he was back.

Nothing to do with armstead but we did not run the ball well today. We averaged 3 yards a carry. We were more effective in the first half, then they stiffened up in the second. It also hurts that ypc when you have 3 rushing TDs for 1 yard lol

There is nothing of substance in any of your posts on this thread. You've ignored plenty of rational arguments by several posters. Acting tough and spelling words incorrectly doesn't make you right. It just makes your posts boring and pointless.
What on earth are you talking about smh. There’s no substance to them? Please elaborate.

I’m here explaining that Armstead is injury prone, and he’s there trying to compare them to AA who’s not even finished his first full season yet. I don’t need to act tough to make a valid point. Trying to create a situation out of nothing and referring to spellcheck mistakes doesn’t make you clever. If you disagree with me saying Armstead is injury prone, then you’ll be happy to know I really couldn’t care less.

There is nothing of substance in any of your posts on this thread. You've ignored plenty of rational arguments by several posters who are trying to have a reasonable and good discussion. Acting tough and spelling words incorrectly doesn't make you right. It just makes your posts boring and pointless.
You pretty much summed up why I can't have a reasonable discussion with this guy. Most of us know that past injuries don't always equate to future injuries. Other can just believe an "injury prone" player is destined to be injured every year until they finally retire.

What on earth are you talking about smh. There’s no substance to them? Please elaborate.

I’m here explaining that Armstead is injury prone, and he’s there trying to compare them to AA who’s not even finished his first full season yet. I don’t need to act tough to make a valid point. Trying to create a situation out of nothing and referring to spellcheck mistakes doesn’t make you clever. If you disagree with me saying Armstead is injury prone, then you’ll be happy to know I really couldn’t care less.

I'm not trying to create anything, I'm just looking for you to make a better argument than "Armstead is injury prone because I keep repeating it!"

- What about his injuries makes you believe he has a higher risk for re-injury going forward in future seasons?

- Why is he any more injury prone than Anzalone, who has missed a higher percentage of games than Armstead?

I'm not trying to create anything, I'm just looking for you to make a better argument than "Armstead is injury prone because I keep repeating it!"

- What about his injuries makes you believe he has a higher risk for re-injury going forward in future seasons?

- Why is he any more injury prone than Anzalone, who has missed a higher percentage of games than Armstead?
I’m really dumbfounded at how I’m even having to explain this to you. If you don’t think Armstead is injury prone, then you can’t think anybody is. I’m going off every single season the guy has been in the NFL. And EVERY SEASON the guy has missed several games due to injury. It doesn’t matter what the injury is, or if it’s going to be the same injury next season, but all I’m saying is it’s hard to rely on someone who gets hurt for long periods of time every year. That’s not opinion based, it’s fact. Go look at the amount of games he has missed.

Now once again, I will repeat I’m not saying we should or will move on from him. We won’t. But he is made of glass. That’s my honest opinion. If you don’t agree, fine. But you can’t compare the situation to Alex Anzalone. AA had a big injury history coming out of college, then in his first season he ends up of IR. So far this season, he has managed to stay healthy. But I can’t predict the future. I just believe going off the track record of his seasons with us, I wouldn’t be shocked if next season there is a time where he misses a chunk of games.

You pretty much summed up why I can't have a reasonable discussion with this guy. Most of us know that past injuries don't always equate to future injuries. Other can just believe an "injury prone" player is destined to be injured every year until they finally retire.
How can I have a reasonable conversation with you when your only reply is based around Alex Anzalone. I never once said that Terron Armstead will be injured every season for the rest of his career. All I’ve stated is that the guy has been injured EVERY single season so far in the NFL. Which he has.

How can I have a reasonable conversation with you when your only reply is based around Alex Anzalone. I never once said that Terron Armstead will be injured every season for the rest of his career. All I’ve stated is that the guy has been injured EVERY single season so far in the NFL. Which he has.

Do you believe his past injuries make him more injury prone in future years?

Do you believe his past injuries make him more injury prone in future years?
They can be a concern for the future yes, but It’s not about that. You’re acting like I’ve said “because he’s torn his pec, his pec is going to be the problem for the rest of his career”. No. But some players just seem to have an injury bug about them. It doesn’t matter what body part the injury occurs and if it’s a re-injury or a new one.

I really am surprised that you seem to be shocked at someone stating Terron Armsteads injury past and health is concerning. How can any saints fan think different? Can you honestly say TA staying healthy isn’t a concern when he has missed chunks of games each yeah. It’s fact. Oh and by the way, look back to the start of the thread. I clearly aren’t the only one who thinks this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom