Terron Armstead? {Old thread bumped} (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
While watching the game, an announcer said Armstead left early and only went back in briefly. Anyone hear anything?

pruitt1997

I’m a little concerned about him. Hopefully he was just ineffective and didn’t re-tear his pec.

While watching the game, an announcer said Armstead left early and only went back in briefly. Anyone hear anything?

pruitt1997
Pretty obvious he's gutting through a torn pec. He wasn't using the right side of his upper body to block at all, and was still doing a decent job of blocking with just his Left arm.

He's going to be a warrior and try and play through it, but its obvious that man is going to need surgery when the season ends.

I was happy to see him back in, but then obviously he left again. I don’t know the severity of it and I wonder if they were just being extra cautious. Obviously this 3 week rest is massive, so hopefully it’s not a re-injure. The guy is so good when he’s healthy but it’s frustrating and upsetting to see him struggle to remain healthy. Hope he is ready to go for the playoffs. Not just for the teams sake but he deserves to be here every step of the way to a potential Lombardi.

One of the Steelers basically did an open hand strike on his bicep testing his peck, and that's when he went down initially. I saw it on the replay.

Pretty obvious he's gutting through a torn pec. He wasn't using the right side of his upper body to block at all, and was still doing a decent job of blocking with just his Left arm.

He's going to be a warrior and try and play through it, but its obvious that man is going to need surgery when the season ends.
Rest him from here to playoffs.

Can try him in in the big games. If he can stand the pain and they have something rigged that prevents further injury then ok, but he needs more time (that we may not have).

Rest him from here to playoffs.

Can try him in in the big games. If he can stand the pain and they have something rigged that prevents further injury then ok, but he needs more time (that we may not have).
Oh he will be rested for sure, but it's not something that's going to heal in time.

He's going to be in a lot of pain and I admire him, the moment the Saints play their first playoff game the first Defensive End he goes up against will test that area and swipe at it again to test it.. (and that's just football)

What do we do going forward though? I mean after this season. We all know the talent he has but injuries have been a real concern and it can derail a team with constant changes at O Line due to the same player getting injured. It seems like he’s only healthy for 60% of the games each season. If we were to draft another LT then what does that mean for TA?

What do we do going forward though? I mean after this season. We all know the talent he has but injuries have been a real concern and it can derail a team with constant changes at O Line due to the same player getting injured. It seems like he’s only healthy for 60% of the games each season. If we were to draft another LT then what does that mean for TA?
We need depth but not sure what his next contract should be.

Seems like given the lack of availability it shouldn't break the bank.

This year wasn't he knee/hip issues. The torn pec can happen, but yeah every year it is something.

Oh you definitely keep a top 5 Tackle in Football. He got injured on a freak play, a guy tangled arms with him going to the ground and his arm got pinned in an awkward position. Things happen.

Armstead will get surgery after the season ends and go back to his reformed conditioning and nutrition program that got him in the best shape of his life and will have his healthiest season to date next season.

When I saw this I wondered if it was done intentionally.
Of course it's done intentionally, it's football it's a viable strategy if you know you're playing against a guy who has an injury you're going to test it over and over again and see if he can hold up.

Just like Sean Payton knew going into the Eagles game their CB had a hamstring injury, so he was going to pound the run at him over, and over and he didn't hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom