Terron Armstead? {Old thread bumped} (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you definitely keep a top 5 Tackle in Football. He got injured on a freak play, a guy tangled arms with him going to the ground and his arm got pinned in an awkward position. Things happen.

Armstead will get surgery after the season ends and go back to his reformed conditioning and nutrition program that got him in the best shape of his life and will have his healthiest season to date next season.
He's hurt all the time however.

I would move on unless the contract is really reasonable.

Sure hope he is ok. I saw as you guys did. He grabbed for that right pec.

Terron is good when he is healthy, but he can't stay healthy! I know, he is a big part of our success, but will he be there in the post season? He has been a major concern for our team for years now.

I've had that same injury doing BJJ when i didn't tap after being put in a Americana. It sucks and it s a injury that basically never goes away. It takes right around 3 weeks for all the pain to go away but the injury is still there. He will be able to play in 3 weeks but he will not be 100% for the rest of the year.

I've had that same injury doing BJJ when i didn't tap after being put in a Americana. It sucks and it s a injury that basically never goes away. It takes right around 3 weeks for all the pain to go away but the injury is still there. He will be able to play in 3 weeks but he will not be 100% for the rest of the year.
How effective would it be to shoot him up with pain killers?

What do we do going forward though? I mean after this season. We all know the talent he has but injuries have been a real concern and it can derail a team with constant changes at O Line due to the same player getting injured. It seems like he’s only healthy for 60% of the games each season. If we were to draft another LT then what does that mean for TA?

He's the best player in the league at the 2nd or 3rd most important position in football. You pay him, and we will.

He's the best player in the league at the 2nd or 3rd most important position in football. You pay him, and we will.

I am really tired of this argument. I don't care if he is the #1 rated player at his position. If he is missing almost 50% of his games then it affects everyone. We've seen it this year, the shuffling in and out of lineman, shifting guys around...it plays hell with the chemistry. I hope they move on from him and get someone a little more reliable. The man has missed something like 20 games over the past 3 seasons. I can't even remember the last time he played a full season.

Might gut it out then have surgery.

I am really tired of this argument. I don't care if he is the #1 rated player at his position. If he is missing almost 50% of his games then it affects everyone. We've seen it this year, the shuffling in and out of lineman, shifting guys around...it plays hell with the chemistry. I hope they move on from him and get someone a little more reliable. The man has missed something like 20 games over the past 3 seasons. I can't even remember the last time he played a full season.
I say draft a LT with our first pick. Armstead's contract makes him untradable right now. I'm all for keeping him around if we have a good cheap backup for the games that he inevitably misses.

Move on? From the most talented OT in the world? Not a chance.
Nobody is denying his talent, but when he’s constantly getting hurt and has never completed a full season you can bet for sure the Saints will flirt with the idea. You say “not a chance” but it’s happened to hundreds of players. They might have all the ability in the world but constant injuries have then made them dispensable. I love TA, but it is highly frustrating to see the O Line in constant change whenever he gets hurt and eventually it’ll get to a point where enough is enough. I wish thinks were different but they aren’t. I don’t want to get rid of him either but I can see others point of view. His health is a constant concern week after week.

Injuries are rarely correlative to more injuries in football (bar concussions), he has never missed a playoff run, and he's here for 3 more years either way. We could do a lot worse.

Nobody is denying his talent, but when he’s constantly getting hurt and has never completed a full season you can bet for sure the Saints will flirt with the idea. You say “not a chance” but it’s happened to hundreds of players. They might have all the ability in the world but constant injuries have then made them dispensable. I love TA, but it is highly frustrating to see the O Line in constant change whenever he gets hurt and eventually it’ll get to a point where enough is enough. I wish thinks were different but they aren’t. I don’t want to get rid of him either but I can see others point of view. His health is a constant concern week after week.
Remember when Anzalone was injury prone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom