Terron Armstead placed on I.R. (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Trusnik is taking the place of Terron Armstead on the 53-man roster, I’m told.</p>— Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) <a href="https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/809161133718388736">December 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let's start putting all of our things away for the year...

Depressing news, but it probably had to be done. No point in prolonging the injury in meaningless games.

Dude hasn't been right since camp. I hope he can come back fully healed and ready to dominate b/c we sure do need him.

It's only a muscle issue. No structural damage, thank God :worthy:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On Terron Armstead: issue is muscle in upper leg and hip rather than knee, source said. Needs time to heal up. Issue has lingered for weeks.</p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/809177512932757504">December 14, 2016</a></blockquote>

Honestly, I wish they had done this a month ago instead of playing in an out of the lineup.

My thoughts exactly! Playing with an injured knee and quad unnecessarily could spell the end of a very young and promising career. Let him heal up and go at it again next season. Armstead is one of the future cornerstones of the franchise!

Micro fracture surgery on the knee??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad it is not. I have had microfracture surgery. I do not think the percentage for a long term prognosis of sustainable recovery are very good. Basically it takes a lot of rehab for something that is not likely to give you the results you are hoping for. You are more than likely going to have to get a replacement sooner than later regardless...although there are some pretty cool advancements with orthopedics that have been more successful. Like stem cell grown cartilage.

It's only a muscle issue. No structural damage, thank God :worthy:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On Terron Armstead: issue is muscle in upper leg and hip rather than knee, source said. Needs time to heal up. Issue has lingered for weeks.</p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/809177512932757504">December 14, 2016</a></blockquote>

Good. Let me rest and recover correctly. The key, obviously, is by shelving him now, we get a much healthier version of Armstead next year. Hopefully he doesn't have any lingering setbacks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom