Terron Armstead still 'hurting' but still paves way for Saints (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i

Terron Armstead still 'hurting' but still paves way for Saints

By Mike Triplett -- ESPN

METAIRIE, La. -- It may have been hard to notice with New Orleans Saints left tackle Terron Armstead cruising deep down the field in front of Tim Hightower during a 28-yard run in the fourth quarter Sunday. But Armstead said his knee is still hurting -- and probably will be until the offseason.

“I'm hurting. I can honestly tell you that. I am,” Armstead said after Sunday’s 25-20 victory over the Seattle Seahawks, according to NOLA.com. “It's frustrating being limited. (I'm) a guy that likes to move around and play in space and use my speed and athleticism. So being limiting in those things is frustrating, it is."

But the fact that Armstead and the Saints gutted out a tough, physical victory over the vaunted Seahawks defense -- led by a season-high 35 run plays -- “makes it all worth it,” Armstead said.

MORE -- ESPN

I feel for the guy. Leg pains are horrible. In fact, that's the very reason I'm up right now. Fortunately AND unfortunately for me, I'll be having surgery next thursday.

Armstead is a warrior.

Man, I hope it's ok that we're putting him out there.

Seems like Peat filled in pretty well for us at LT, and Kelemete/Lelito aren't the worst backups out there. Really hope we aren't rushing him with capable backups to allow him to rest and return correctly.

Hopefully he can manage the pain because Armstead and Peat look like the strength of the team.

I feel for the guy. Leg pains are horrible. In fact, that's the very reason I'm up right now. Fortunately AND unfortunately for me, I'll be having surgery next thursday.

Armstead is a warrior.

I'd bet some players would milk the injury and not play. He's sucking it up and Saints fans notice and respect him. Good luck on your knee, back in the day we would rub dirt on it and hoped it would get better!!!

I'd bet some players would milk the injury and not play. He's sucking it up and Saints fans notice and respect him. Good luck on your knee, back in the day we would rub dirt on it and hoped it would get better!!!

I've been rubbing dirt on it for 5 years, now. It's gotten intolerable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom