Terron Armstead was sick in December (1 Viewer)

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I just got in my car after work and heard the tail end of an interview with Terron Armstead on ESPN radio. I didn’t catch whether or not it was coronavirus , food poisoning, flu, or something else but evidently he was pretty sick in December and played through it he was so sick at one point he lost 24 pounds in one week. At one point the interviewer said yeah I remember in the locker room you telling us to stay away from you.

I just got in my car after work and heard the tail end of an interview with Terron Armstead on ESPN radio. I didn’t catch whether or not it was coronavirus , food poisoning, flu, or something else but evidently he was pretty sick in December and played through it he was so sick at one point he lost 24 pounds in one week. At one point the interviewer said yeah I remember in the locker room you telling us to stay away from you.

He had the flu if I recall correctly.

He had the flu if I recall correctly.
Had a friend that was as sick as I have known someone to be, back in February. Ran a low grade fever of 100, for 3 days. Began feeling really bad on day 3 of the fever, just thinking it would go away. Never really been sick in his life! Got lucky and went to his regular Dr. Was so sick, his Dr. wanted to send him to the hospital in an ambulance. Said no, I will have my wife bring me. Was in hospital for 4 days. Type A flu and double pneumonia. Looking back, he thinks he may have had the virus, but they were not testing for the virus then. I would bet that many thousands of people who were sick back in late last year and the first 2-2.5 months of this year and were tested for the flu. Ended up with pneumonia and could have also had the virus. Once the pneumonia was diagnosed, his doctor probably just thought...ok, we found the issue and did not dig any deeper, for obvious reasons. Could have very well died!

The point is. Armstead quite possibly may have had the virus. I know health officials are very concerned for the OLinemen and DLinemen, because of their general obesity. This is where I think, the NFL will take the initial hit. In one of the obese players, or more. God forbid, one or more die. The NFL will be in deep doo doo.

An illness can throw an athlete out of whack for a long while especially when 24 pounds are lost

Had a friend that was as sick as I have known someone to be, back in February. Ran a low grade fever of 100, for 3 days. Began feeling really bad on day 3 of the fever, just thinking it would go away. Never really been sick in his life! Got lucky and went to his regular Dr. Was so sick, his Dr. wanted to send him to the hospital in an ambulance. Said no, I will have my wife bring me. Was in hospital for 4 days. Type A flu and double pneumonia. Looking back, he thinks he may have had the virus, but they were not testing for the virus then. I would bet that many thousands of people who were sick back in late last year and the first 2-2.5 months of this year and were tested for the flu. Ended up with pneumonia and could have also had the virus. Once the pneumonia was diagnosed, his doctor probably just thought...ok, we found the issue and did not dig any deeper, for obvious reasons. Could have very well died!

The point is. Armstead quite possibly may have had the virus. I know health officials are very concerned for the OLinemen and DLinemen, because of their general obesity. This is where I think, the NFL will take the initial hit. In one of the obese players, or more. God forbid, one or more die. The NFL will be in deep doo doo.
Yep happened to my wife in February. She tested negative for Flu. 2 days later in hospital for 4 days with severe pnuemonia and 103.5 fever. She and doctor suspect she had Covid

I said it was in dec, didn’t say it was ALL of dec.

“...so sick at one point he lost 24 pounds in one week.”

Seems to suggest he was sick for weeks or an entire month.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom