Terron Armstead? {Old thread bumped} (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But some players just seem to have an injury bug about them.

"Seem to" isn't a thing. The Saints seem to win when i wear a certain hat, but there's no real basis in reality beyond superstition.

It doesn’t matter what body part the injury occurs and if it’s a re-injury or a new one.

Of course it does. Those two things are the most important considerations to consider when looking at a player's history.

You have to look at the specific injuries and whether they're one offs or injuries more likely to recur. Otherwise you're just saying things like "it seems like he's injury prone" or "it seems like we win when I wear my gold Saints hat", neither of which are real things.

"Seem to" isn't a thing. The Saints seem to win when i wear a certain hat, but there's no real basis in reality beyond superstition.

Of course it does. Those two things are the most important considerations to consider when looking at a player's history.

You have to look at the specific injuries and whether they're one offs or injuries more likely to recur. Otherwise you're just saying things like "it seems like he's injury prone" or "it seems like we win when I wear my gold Saints hat", neither of which are real things.
But there is basis hahahahah! ARMSTEAD HAS BEEN INJURED EVERY SINGLE SEASON SINCE BECOMING A SAINT.

My god how is this so hard for you to understand?

I’m actually sat here laughing because it’s becoming boring now. You really are in denial. Allow me to sum things up.

- All I did was make a point about Armsteads health being a concern, considering he has missed games EVERY season since becoming a Saint

- You then keep go on and on like I’m making it up.

Let me just ask you a simple Yes or No question...

Do you think Armsteads staying Healthy is a concern for the Saints?

Because I’m pretty sure 99% of Saints fans would say yes.

But there is basis hahahahah! ARMSTEAD HAS BEEN INJURED EVERY SINGLE SEASON SINCE BECOMING A SAINT.

My god how is this so hard for you to understand?

I’m actually sat here laughing because it’s becoming boring now. You really are in denial. Allow me to sum things up.

- All I did was make a point about Armsteads health being a concern, considering he has missed games EVERY season since becoming a Saint

- You then keep go on and on like I’m making it up.

Let me just ask you a simple Yes or No question...

Do you think Armsteads reaming Healthy is a concern for the Saints?

Because I’m pretty sure 99% of Saints fans would say yes.

Who is Healthy, and why is Armstead reaming him?

Who is Healthy, and why is Armstead reaming him?
Now edited.

But I will repeat.

Do you think Armstead Staying healthy is a concern for the Saints, yes or no?

If you don’t then that’s your belief but quit acting like it’s surreal for other fans to be concerned about him staying healthy when he’s got a track record of getting hurt.

Last edited:
Now edited.

But I will repeat.

Do you think Armstead Staying healthy is a concern for the Saints, yes or no?

I do not. I think I've made that pretty clear. His injuries were completely unrelated to one another. None of the injuries are chronic or predictive of future similar injury, except for perhaps the torn labrum. But we have a pretty good history of guys with that injury, and it's not really an issue for linemen.

What about Armstead, besides you just feeling and knowing deep down in your heart, makes you think he's any more likely to re-injure himself next year than any other offensive lineman?

I'm hoping that you'll finally answer. Lots of exclamation points != an answer.

I do not. I think I've made that pretty clear. His injuries were completely unrelated to one another. None of the injuries are chronic or predictive of future similar injury, except for perhaps the torn labrum. But we have a pretty good history of guys with that injury.

What about Armstead, besides you just feeling and knowing deep down in your heart, makes you think he's any more likely to re-injure himself next year than any other offensive lineman?

I'm hoping that you'll finally answer.
Because he has a track record of missing games each season. That’s why. If Unger was missing chucks of games every year then I’d be saying the same about him. But he doesn’t. Armstead is made of glass. He’s missed more games than any offensive lineman we’ve had since coming into the league. He’s never completed a full season. I could go on.

I’m extremely bored of this now as I have answered your question multiple times. Your argument is because it isn’t a “chronic injury” then it doesn’t count as being injury prone. Just completely false.

You’ve just said you don’t think it’s a concern for the Saints, despite him NEVER having played a full season for us. How is it not a concern when EVERY season we have had to adjust the O Line and more to fit around his injuries? How you can not have the slightest bit of concern about him staying healthy in the future is bewildering and just an indication that I’m wasting my time with you. You’re honestly crazy to not doubt his ability to stay healthy. I wonder if you’ll have concern if he misses games next season too? Will you finally come to your senses?

Like I say, I’m bored of this now. It’s almost as if you think he’s only been injured the one time and I’m just over exaggerating. Look at the amount of games he has missed in total. It’s worrisome.

I never doubted his playing ability. All I did was raise concern for his health going forward (which if I may add, so have several other fans). I’m sure the majority of Saints fans are concerned about him being able to stay injury free.

I’m done with this. I’m not gonna change my opinion and you’re clearly not gonna change yours, but don’t be shocked to your core when people express a concern for players who are missing games every season.

Because he has a track record of missing games each season. That’s why. If Unger was missing chucks of games every year then I’d be saying the same about him. But he doesn’t. Armstead is made of glass. He’s missed more games than any offensive lineman we’ve had since coming into the league. He’s never completed a full season. I could go on.

I’m extremely bored of this now as I have answered your question multiple times. Your argument is because it isn’t a “chronic injury” then it doesn’t count as being injury prone. Just completely false.

You’ve just said you don’t think it’s a concern for the Saints, despite him NEVER having played a full season for us. How is it not a concern when EVERY season we have had to adjust the O Line and more to fit around his injuries? How you can not have the slightest bit of concern about him staying healthy in the future is bewildering and just an indication that I’m wasting my time with you. You’re honestly crazy to not doubt his ability to stay healthy. I wonder if you’ll have concern if he misses games next season too? Will you finally come to your senses?

Like I say, I’m bored of this now. It’s almost as if you think he’s only been injured the one time and I’m just over exaggerating. Look at the amount of games he has missed in total. It’s worrisome.

I never doubted his playing ability. All I did was raise concern for his health going forward (which if I may add, so have several other fans). I’m sure the majority of Saints fans are concerned about him being able to stay injury free.

I’m done with this. I’m not gonna change my opinion and you’re clearly not gonna change yours, but don’t be shocked to your core when people express a concern for players who are missing games every season.

Still haven't answered my question.

Still haven't answered my question.
Yes, I have. Multiple times.

Concern = Worry

Why do you seem to think having a worry for a player with injury history is far fetched? There is nothing unnatural about having a doubt in your mind about a player who so far hasn’t been able to finish a season without injury. Why is that so hard for you to gauge?

I’m starting to think you’re actually replying to me just for a joke to yourself. Go look at Armsteads injury's since arriving. Again, why can’t your brain fathom that the majority of fans will be worried about relying upon his health going forward when so far he has yet to remain injury free. Just why? Why? Why? Why? Why is that such taboo to you?

I’m not continuing a debate with someone who has no concern about the future health of our LT who has never played a full season without injury. Just not wasting my time. Have a very merry Christmas and who dat :)

Last edited:
Yes, I have. Multiple times.

Concern = Worry

Why do you seem to think having a worry for a player with injury history is far fetched? There is nothing unnatural about having a doubt in your mind about a player who so far hasn’t been able to finish a season without injury. Why is that so hard for you to gauge?

I’m not continuing a debate with someone who has no concern about the future health of our LT who has never played a full season without injury. Just not wasting my time. Have a very merry Christmas and who dat :)

You answered a question of "why do you think he's injury prone" with an answer of "because i think he's injury prone".

If you're ok with that being your answer, so be it. All good. You're wrong, but you're a Saints fan so I still like you. Merry Christmas to you as well and who dat.

You answered a question of "why do you think he's injury prone" with an answer of "because i think he's injury prone".

If you're ok with that being your answer, so be it. All good. You're wrong, but you're a Saints fan so I still like you. Merry Christmas to you as well and who dat.
No, I answered your question with this...

Because he has NEVER completed a full season without getting injured.

^ that is my answer.

So why is it so hard for you to fathom that a lot of fans might have worries about his ability to stay injury free going forward??

All I said at the very start of all this was that I had concerns about him staying healthy... because so far he has yet to do it. So I don’t think it’s totally unethical to have a slight concern when each season he has missed several games. It’s just a concern, I’m not sitting here saying “yeah he’s gonna tear his Achilles in week 7 of the 2019 season...”, I’m just expressing an apprehension which I believe is fair and reasonable.

I agree that although there's been many years with Armstead missing time with injuries that it has no co-relation to his future health. Injuries are a certainty in the nfl, the guys who go several years with out them are just remarkabley lucky. If he had the same injury over and over again id say that he was injury prone. I think armstead has just had a run of tough luck so far in the leauge. Terron has to find a way to be available more in the future. No matter how good you are you can't help the team win from the tub. Availability > Ability

Five pages of two dudes arguing at midnight over what injury-prone means. And I read it all. That's how stoked I am about consuming anything about the Saints right now.

I agree that although there's been many years with Armstead missing time with injuries that it has no co-relation to his future health. Injuries are a certainty in the nfl, the guys who go several years with out them are just remarkabley lucky. If he had the same injury over and over again id say that he was injury prone. I think armstead has just had a run of tough luck so far in the leauge. Terron has to find a way to be available more in the future. No matter how good you are you can't help the team win from the tub. Availability > Ability

It's not just bad luck. There's an undeniable physiological aspect to it. Some people are born with thicker bones and joints, stronger muscle fibers, and flexibility that make them more durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom