Terron Armstead (1 Viewer)

100%.. Him and Ram should be priorities. Peat will be gone. Interested to see what happens with Von Bell with the emergence of Gardner-Johnson. Lattimore has got to start being more consistent especially in the playoffs but he will get paid.

Lock in our tackles. McCoy improves. Upgrade a guard this offseason.

Get another RB. Doesn’t have to be a flashy signing. Let’s get 3 headed monster and pound the ball.
I really agree with finding a 3rd back, to be the hammer, power guy. (L-Train is more of a Cut-back, find a lane back even though he can run people over occasionally)

If the Saints are going to be successful deep into the post-season next season Sean has to go back to 2017 approach of being committed to the run, and that requires a young, hungry runner that wants to initiate contact to fill the Mike Bell role. Dwayne Washington isn't that guy, he's a Special teams ace who mops up in blow outs, I think they just look to replace him with an undrafted guy who was a special teams demon in college, and find a true 3rd option in the backfield. (SF does this with Mostert, Brieda, Coleman; in '09 Saints had Reggie, Pierre, Mike Bell) I thought Ozigbo had potential but unfortunately they weren't able to stash him as Jax claimed him off waivers.

The only way players give up money today is for guaranteed money tomorrow. I'm betting we would have to give him 4 yrs minimum. Love Terron but there isnt any way he will hold up over 4 years. I think you have draft his replacement now.

Hole at LG? Easton has a team option that is very favorable given his level of play.

Exactly, it's like folks are totally forgetting Easton, he was solid as a rock the games he played....I'd be happy to have him as the starting LG and perhaps draft a G/C for depth....

A hard yes on Armstead....

OL is the absolute dumbest position in any sport ever. It is like being a backup singer in a band.

The only way people notice you is when things go wrong. Otherwise, they marvel at how great the QB and RB/WR are.

While this is happening, they are putting random bones, joints, and muscle groups through the most excruciating pain and trauma constantly. With a WR, you know that you have to worry about your hamstrings. As a OL, everything down to your stupid toe are going to get messed up and cause you huge problems.

After the game last week, Armstead couldn't even remove a pen cap to sign an autograph (read a story about it). He was playing through some freakish pain that I hope I never, ever experience. You couldn't really tell, though, until really right up until the end.

Absolutely phenomenal, and he had better be a Saint next year.

Maybe. He will be 31 at the end of his current contract in 2021. Maybe we extend him two years after that? I'm not really sure with his injury history that the team or Armstead feel great about playing till 33. Hard to put a value on him two years from now either. I think something very incentive laden (based on snap count I guess) would be best.

I think a more likely target is Warford. He's going into the last year of his contract at 29 and his cap hit jumps from around 8 mill to almost 13 mil. You could save a nice chunk extending him 2 years.

Jenkins and Alonso are also prime targets to save some cap space.

Robinson may get cut to save a few mil.

Might even get something done with Rankins that drops his hit for this year.

Last edited:
Was looking at his contract. His cap number actually drops this year to $13M and then he's a FA in 2021. Given that he just played 15 games (not looking it up but that has to be his best effort at staying on the field), do we go ahead and extend him to free up more space?

He's only 28 years old and it's obviously not easy to find an elite LT and we may already have a hole at LG.
No. He is a good player but Bonchie you even called him an all pro once. He can’t even sniff All pro.

No. He is a good player but Bonchie you even called him an all pro once. He can’t even sniff All pro.

I'm not sure what I called him in the past, but I know he's an elite LT, as in top 5 in the league. Those are tough to find and once Brees leaves, it's going to be even more important of a position because whether it's Teddy, Taysom, or a new QB, none of them will have the ability to climb the pocket like Brees does.

Was looking at his contract. His cap number actually drops this year to $13M and then he's a FA in 2021. Given that he just played 15 games (not looking it up but that has to be his best effort at staying on the field), do we go ahead and extend him to free up more space?

He's only 28 years old and it's obviously not easy to find an elite LT and we may already have a hole at LG.

We already found another elite LT, Ramczyk. If Armstead goes, he switches back to LT. Just need to find a RT then.

We already found another elite LT, Ramczyk. If Armstead goes, he switches back to LT. Just need to find a RT then.
Well he's an Elite Right Tackle, we have no idea how he would adjust to an entire season playing on the Left Side. If Ramczyk has one weakness, it's the Speed Edge rushers who can get a good jump off the line with quickness and bend around the edge.

On the left side he'd be going up against those quicker type of speed rushers more frequently..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom