Article Terron Armsted gifted teen who walked 6 miles for his eighth grade graduation an e-bike and family a new vehicle (1 Viewer)

“When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.”​

― Dom Helder Camara, Dom Helder Camara: Essential Writings

I am happy for this young man and his family.

I do think this portrayal fails to recognize the true message of the story. I do not feel joy then. This is one family helped by one person. We have millions of families in such condition.

How do we as a nation follow a good example to help all of them?

I do think this portrayal fails to recognize the true message of the story. I do not feel joy then. This is one family helped by one person. We have millions of families in such condition.

I sympathize with your viewpoint and I agree but for this one brief moment, it is nice to hear story like this.

Perhaps because half of us are idiots and lack common sense?

Honestly, I'm not surprised to read this.

TA has always been a low-key humble guy. That shout-out he gave to Gleason at the recent draft is another example.

He's definitely a class act.

Shout out to the kid Xavier Jones as well - getting a full ride to Harris Stowe State University for his determination to succeed.

Last edited:
It's not a big deal....unless you're in 8th grade and heading to high school then it's a pretty big deal....big enough this young man walked 6 miles to be a part of it
My grandson will be graduating this Wednesday from eighth grade going into high school, and I can definitely guarantee you that it’s a big deal for his grandparents as well as him. Any, and all advancements in life should be celebrated because as we all know, life is too short we have to enjoy anything positive that happens because it could be the last one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom