Terrorists vote Democrat too. (1 Viewer)

The Bush administration, the Republican led Senate and the Republican led House failed the American people. The Democrats now have an incredible opportunity to change our direction in Iraq, to make policy on immigration, health care, and to lead our nation away from depending on foriegn oil. If they don't, remember that the next time you go to vote. Eventually, politicians may get the message. They are there to serve the American people, not big oil, the drug companies, and special interests groups.
And here is where the Dems are going to be in for a huge disappointment. Nothing significant will change. The Republicrats are still firmly in power. The only way substantial change will occur is for 3rd Party/Independents to start winning seats. Unfortunately, the Republicrats won't ever allow this to happen.

/meetthenewbosssameastheoldboss

What is the Democratic plan? Do they have one? Why do the terrorists desire a Democrat majority (actually read the article)? Please answer these.
For years before this the Democrats also failed on promises that were nowhere nearly as hard to tackle as what Republicans have dealt with recently. And believe it or not some things take time whether it be education or war. We're talking about changing things that took years to mess up.

The Dems were not voted in for their resolve, that much is for sure. And I sincerely hope the Dems do a good job but if they think complaining and blaming is the solution then they are in it to be out of it next election. As forestated this midterm is probably good for the GOP in the next Pres. election, because actions speak louder than complaints.

This speaks volumes about the Democrats lack of solutions and abundance of complaints. When your enemies favor your beliefs your enemy has just increased.
I must say I'm dissapointed with the so called shift yet am optimistic that some of these new Dems are conservative such as Heath Shuler which will add favorably to the restoration of values. This midterm election catered to the impatience of the average American who is so use to results in a microwave minute. The liberal media catered what the Dems put on the menu, and most Americans who believe the one sided negative portrayal of the war ate up the plate. The Revolutionary War took time, Civil War took time, Hitler took time; yet we don't have the patience this time? I hope we don't pay by looking the other way. God have grace on U.S.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52747

Odd, I seem to recall that when Bush was elected two years ago, many "Conversatives" and many in the "Conservative Media" cried foul when the "liberal media" suggested it was because the American people were too dumb to vote for the correct person for President. Now that the Republicans lost, the "conservative media", seems to be calling the American people too dumb to vote for the right people. I guess dumb means didn't vote for your candidates.:dunno:

It seems like many here feel that the loss was due to the Republicans not legislating in a more consevative manner. I agree.

Given that many races were 51-49 and 50.7-50.3 I don't think that this is a sea change in American politics. The Dems won this round and credit has to be given to their strategists whether it's Dean or Emanuel. Choosing conservative candidates made the choice easier for voters who usually lean R.

I'll be interested to see if the old Delay and Foley seat stay Dem in 2008. The same goes for Shuler( an Evangelical?) in N.C. and the seats in Indiana.

Hey Tak,

What did you think about the first Muslim getting elected to the US Congress?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/08/muslim.elect/index.html

TPS

I can tell you for a fact if he is a true Muslim you and I are considered infidels and should be dealt with accordingly as per the Quran. If he is true he would be against abortion, homosexuality, and gay marriage.
I watched the video and he sounds like the typical Democrat; full of complaining & blaming and empty on solutions. Riling people up emotionally w/o telling them of any comprehensive plan to follow threw on his loud talk and gesticulation.
He's playing these people. The Victim Mentality deprives the people of any drive to succeed. "The government owes you the fish so don't worry about learning where to fish or how to fish or what tools it takes to fish, just lay down and open your mouths wide with complaints and wait.... and wait....till the next generation can wait.... and wait....

I can tell you for a fact if he is a true Muslim you and I are considered infidels and should be dealt with accordingly as per the Quran. If he is true he would be against abortion, homosexuality, and gay marriage

Vote Muslim 2008? The new Republican mantra?

/OBL tan, tested, and ready to advance "Christain and Muslim Values"/

:worthy:

Vote Muslim 2008? The new Republican mantra?

/OBL tan, tested, and ready to advance "Christain and Muslim Values"/

:worthy:

Actually the Muslim faith attempts to mirror the Old Testament Jewish values and Law. Came along well after Christianity.

According to Anderson Cooper, 25% of Evangelicals switched to vote Democratic this election. Hard to totally believe (how do they get these numbers?), but Dems can have them.

If true, does this open the door more for Rudy in 2008, or do they try to get these bozos back? I'm guessing these people flipped mainly because of the Foley issue. Won't be long before some other moral indignity flips them again, no doubt.

I haven't really cared too much about national politics since Katrina, except when it affects LA. I don't think election will have much impact on LA for additional recovery money. That was already dryign up and no one is going do much more, especially when LA did get alot of money already that hasn't gotten into anyone's hands.

I wonder if Katrina had any impact on election? It wasn't an issue that I saw. I do think it indirectly helped Dems. I think the response to Katrina hurt the Rep's credibilty on Iraq, and the "Katrina effect" shows up under the Iraq issue.

Just a few scattered thoughts...

The liberals Dems won!
Baby eating for everybody!

According to Anderson Cooper, 25% of Evangelicals switched to vote Democratic this election. Hard to totally believe (how do they get these numbers?), but Dems can have them.

If true, does this open the door more for Rudy in 2008, or do they try to get these bozos back? I'm guessing these people flipped mainly because of the Foley issue. Won't be long before some other moral indignity flips them again, no doubt.

I haven't really cared too much about national politics since Katrina, except when it affects LA. I don't think election will have much impact on LA for additional recovery money. That was already dryign up and no one is going do much more, especially when LA did get alot of money already that hasn't gotten into anyone's hands.

I wonder if Katrina had any impact on election? It wasn't an issue that I saw. I do think it indirectly helped Dems. I think the response to Katrina hurt the Rep's credibilty on Iraq, and the "Katrina effect" shows up under the Iraq issue.

Just a few scattered thoughts...

I don't understand how Katrina relief could've hurt the GOP either. If you listen to Congressman Ellisons' speech (see link in posts above) you'll see that he threw that hot one in for spice so that they can water-down and vote for him. What do we (Louisiana) have Governors, Congress-men & women, Mayors, etc. etc. for? The President did his part and anything more is micromanagement. Whatever failed is what needs fixing, whoever messed up needs to right the ship or go ashore.

I don't put too much into polls that group "Evangelicals" here or there because everyones not who they say they are and I've never known anyone who's been polled. Who, where, and how? IMO many of the conservative voters switched because so many of the Republicans began to lean to the middle and left. The mentality being that you should either be hot or cold or get spat out. Several of the Dems such as Congressman Shuler stood firm in his conservative blue shoes and were successful; albeit an odd color to some yet they apparently stand in the 'right' place. This is encouraging to some degree because it tells me that regardless of the party conservatives are trying to stick to what they know is best or less than worse for our country. I had issues with a Republican candidate in WA state whom I didn't want to vote for and I imagine I wasn't alone in that.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom