Tesla Model 3- $35,000 (1 Viewer)

I saw my first Model 3 on the road yesterday. It was red.

My first reaction is that they're going to sell a ton of those. It will surpass the Model S in annual sales as soon as the production is there to support that. That said, it's not a "wow" car, nor is it designed to be. It's basically designed to compete with the Audi A4 and BMW 3 series, and that's what it looks like it does. I'm sure it's a blast to drive.

Never driven the 3, but I have driven the X and S and they're both insane. On ludicrous mode, the S is the fastest thing I've ever been in or on. The X even on standard mode is faster than hell and will scare you if you're not prepared for what happens when you push the pedal hard.

tesla-band-fb.jpg

Somebody near my neighborhood has one, I see it every once in a while picking up kids from school. Really striking in person. To me $35K is an awful lot for a car. On a 5-year loan that's $600 a month, even if I got $10K for my Volvo that's still a bigger car payment than I've ever had.

they are all over here

friends of ours pre-ordered the 3, but production issues have delayed their purchase's arrival

with my commute, I'd love one.

Somebody near my neighborhood has one, I see it every once in a while picking up kids from school. Really striking in person. To me $35K is an awful lot for a car. On a 5-year loan that's $600 a month, even if I got $10K for my Volvo that's still a bigger car payment than I've ever had.

You can deduct the cost of gas from it though.

They really are nice up close. First time I saw it, I thought it was some kind of exotic Italian car or that Porsche Panamera. Maybe when I'm like 50 I can have a car that nice. No point right now, my kids would destroy it.

You can deduct the cost of gas from it though.
What's the cost to install the charging infrastructure? It can't be that much because I've driven by a trailer with a Nissan Leaf parked out front, charging off a big gray box mounted on a 5 foot tall creosote post.

Perhaps the trailer and Leaf are why they don't have the Tesla, though?

It can't be that much because I've driven by a trailer with a Nissan Leaf parked out front, charging off a big gray box mounted on a 5 foot tall creosote post.

how much mileage do you get on the creosote compared to regular fuel?

how much mileage do you get on the creosote compared to regular fuel?
No idea, but I bet that post will still be standing long after that trailer has collapsed...

Never driven the 3, but I have driven the X and S and they're both insane. On ludicrous mode, the S is the fastest thing I've ever been in or on. The X even on standard mode is faster than hell and will scare you if you're not prepared for what happens when you push the pedal hard.

The Tesla S demolishes the Lamborghini Aventador and the Dodge Hellcat in drag races. It is crazy quick; instantaneous torque

The S can run an easy sub-12 second 1/4 mile. This means “nice pass, now come back with your safety equipment”—roll cage, fire extinguisher, and 5-point harness :hihi:

i have two “cars” (subaru forester XTs ftw) that i only put about 100 miles, in a busy week on, usually closer to 30-50, otherwise i would be all over trying to get a tesla.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom