Tesla Model 3- $35,000 (2 Viewers)

I like Tesla and wouldn't mind owning/leasing one but my first electric will probably be the VW Microbus. It is supposed to arrive in the 2022 model year.

depending on what issues arise on the 3 over the next year or so, i’ve decided (at least for now), the performance 3 awd is my next vehicle.

i’ve been researching it since the official release and i want to go 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. factory (2 motor option that is).

it eliminates the worry of having not enough speed to quickly change a lane from some butt crevasse pulling in front of you in a 70s ford ranger with sheet hanging off it.

and yes, i am bored waiting for “captive state” to start.

Somebody near my neighborhood has one, I see it every once in a while picking up kids from school. Really striking in person. To me $35K is an awful lot for a car. On a 5-year loan that's $600 a month, even if I got $10K for my Volvo that's still a bigger car payment than I've ever had.

I don’t like to spend a lot of $ on cars either- but tbh $35k in 2019 is not all that high.. these days even average pickup trucks with a few bells and whistles tend to hit or exceed the $50k mark.. personally , i like to buy vehicles that are 2 or 3 yrs old with 40 or 50 thousand miles on them, you can get a lot more car for the $$ that way.

depending on what issues arise on the 3 over the next year or so, i’ve decided (at least for now), the performance 3 awd is my next vehicle.

i’ve been researching it since the official release and i want to go 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. factory (2 motor option that is).

it eliminates the worry of having not enough speed to quickly change a lane from some butt crevasse pulling in front of you in a 70s ford ranger with shirt hanging off it.

and yes, i am bored waiting for “captive state” to start.

I like Tesla, but i’m hoping that my first electric or hybrid vehicle, in a few years, will be one of the Jeeps that are coming out with that technology.. from what i’ve been reading, Jeep in the next couple of years will release with hybrid/electric technology: the Grand Cherokee (my current ride), the Wrangler, and the new version of the classic Grand Wagoneer.. if Fiat Chrysler Jeep follows through on these promises , which hasn’t really been the case in recent years- these vehicles will no doubt sell like the proverbial hot cakes.. I have been saying for years that a hybrid Wrangler is a no-brainer, not sure what took Jeep so long to figure this out.

My wife and I picked up a Model 3 last Sept. (the RWD long range model). Have been really pleased with it so far, it definitely feels like something from the future. Handles really well and the acceleration is fun. My wife uses it to commute 70 miles every day and really likes using the auto-pilot on the highway.

At first we were charging just using a normal 120V/15A outlet off the side of our house, but found that it was charging too slowly so it wouldn't quite be back to a full charge by morning. Eventually had to bite the bullet and get the Tesla wall charger, and everything has been great since then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom