Tevin Coleman to the 49ers... (1 Viewer)

It feels like the Coleman signing last year.

Jumping the gun with a signing before the market is set for the position.
Exactly what I was thinking. Having Coleman would have allowed SP to run the same type of plays when either he or Kamara is in the game. Like I said before, I’m good with Murray, but damn it felt like a “rush” signing.

I think sone of you are overreacting. We got Murray for a good price. I get the feeling that CSP targeted him as the guy he wanted if we couldn’t re-sign MI. I love Ingram. I wanted him back. But not signing him isn’t as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

I think sone of you are overreacting. We got Murray for a good price. I get the feeling that CSP targeted him as the guy he wanted if we couldn’t re-sign MI. I love Ingram. I wanted him back. But not signing him isn’t as bad as some of you are making it out to be.
I’ve already stated that I’m good with the Murray pick, but for just a little more money, we could’ve resigned MI or got Coleman. The issue is the quickness that we signed Murray. Maybe SP did want him bad enough to nab him that early, idk. In hindsight, it would’ve been nice to just have had a little patience with selecting a RB, after seeing what MI and Coleman signed for. Personally, I wanted Coleman bc I felt like he would have flourished in our system. He pretty darn versatile. More so than MI or Murray, imho

I’ve already stated that I’m good with the Murray pick, but for just a little more money, we could’ve resigned MI or got Coleman. The issue is the quickness that we signed Murray. Maybe SP did want him bad enough to nab him that early, idk. In hindsight, it would’ve been nice to just have had a little patience with selecting a RB, after seeing what MI and Coleman signed for. Personally, I wanted Coleman bc I felt like he would have flourished in our system. He pretty darn versatile. More so than MI or Murray, imho
How much is “a little more money”. Seems we save a good penny by going with Murray. Valuable dollars we can now spend elsewhere, like DT, TE, or S.

How much is “a little more money”. Seems we save a good penny by going with Murray. Valuable dollars we can now spend elsewhere, like DT, TE, or S.
Murray is getting paid a little more than $4 million a year. MI and Coleman signed for $5 million a year. Murray 4 year deal. MI 3 year deal. Coleman 2 year deal

The reality of our offense as my cousin pointed out to me today is that Sean cares more for the Reggie Bush, Sproles, Kamara backs and the bruiser guys like Ingram, Chris Ivory, Mike Bell, etc seem to be replaceable to him.

What was our record when Ingram was suspended for 4 games? I can’t remember....

Murray is getting paid a little more than $4 million a year. MI and Coleman signed for $5 million a year. Murray 4 year deal. MI 3 year deal. Coleman 2 year deal
Okay. His contract is still less than Ingram’s. Every dollar you save gives you more room for someone else.

You guys need to stop looking at the years and $$$ that are coming out now... wait until we see how much guaranteed $$$ is in these deals, and when the money is guaranteed before you really compare apples to apples.

Even then, you have to remember that no one we signed (even Ingram) was going to out touch Kamara in our backfield. So we were never going to give RB1 money to whoever we did sign...

Edit: Murray got $7.2 million guaranteed over 4 years... that's where you start the comparison... because if he's injured or cut or doesn't play for any reason... that's what we are on the hook for (not $14.4 million)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom