Texans fans now "giddy" about Mario vs. Reggie comparison (1 Viewer)

TEXAN FAN said:
Mario has set the Texans rookie sack record already, <B>he leads the team in sacks,</B> and he's getting better each week. He's going to be scary good.

Man that doesnt say much about there D-line what does mario have 1 1/2 sacks are somthing?

Houston Texans plus Mario Williams = 28th ranked defense = 2-6
New Orleans Saints plus Reggie Bush = 7th ranked offense = 6-2

Mario has 4.5 sacks.

Just so you all know, defensive line is an ACTUAL tough position to assimilate. Also consider that Mario has no stars on that d-line - imagine if he had Mike Rucker, Warren Sapp, and Ted Washington on the line with him. That's kinda the situation here with us, we have several offensive threats. You can't just take one option away and beat us. For the Texans, you take away Mario Williams, and nobody else on their front four (maybe even fron 7) is a threat. Take away Bush and Deuce, Brees, Horn, Colston, Henderson, and even less-heralded guys like Copper, Campbell, and Stecker can do damage.

To me the only stat in football (or any other TEAM sport) is the teams win loss record. now lets compare that both teams ended last year horrible, with the #1 pick and the #2 pick, this year houston has 2 wins, saints 6. now tell me whitch Team has done a better job.............thank you.....end of converstion....

Last edited:
To me the only stat if football (or any other TEAM sport) is the teams win loss record. now lets compare that both teams ended last year horrible, with the #1 pick and the #2 pick, this year houston has 2 wins, saints 6. now tell me whitch Team has done a better job.............thank you.....end of converstion....

so if bush was with the texans they would be 6-2??? and if we got mario we would be 2-6??? think about it, one player doesnt make a team, u cant just look at wins and losses. if peyton manning was with the browns, they would not be 8-0

so if bush was with the texans they would be 6-2??? and if we got mario we would be 2-6??? think about it, one player doesnt make a team, u cant just look at wins and losses. if peyton manning was with the browns, they would not be 8-0

He didn't say one player makes a team. You may not be able to look at just wins and losses, but you can't look at just stats either when judging impact.

I was not saying that. What i am saying is that as a team we are doing the right thing,from GM all the way down to the players that are expected to step up each week. The texas as a team arent and that is what matters in team sports.

Cut 'em some slack man! The entire media called them fools and they're trying to find something positive after yet another dismal season.

all it's going to take is Bush to have one monster game( hopefully Sunday) and all the negativity towards Bush lately will go away. ESPN will be all over him.

I didn't go to their forum, but if they are happy with their draft now or they
think they got the better player then more power to them. I'm just as excited
about Reggie as the day we drafted him. I could care less what they think.

i am happy wit reggie, so im hapy they are happy wit mario

Cut 'em some slack man! The entire media called them fools and they're trying to find something positive after yet another dismal season.

Exactly... you'd think Mario Williams was Chaun Thompson the way he and the Texans were DOGGED after taking him.

Both teams got extremely talented players who are good character guys as well. The difference is that we've been a fringe team for the past six years whereas they're still piecing everything together. Give them time, guys - on the larger scale of things... the Texans are still rookies. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom