N/S Texans Might Be Hiring Josh McCown As HC (1 Viewer)

Issue is the The Chiefs isn't allowing any interview until after their post season. The media keep glamouring for him to be a head coach and criticizes teams for not hiring him, but his own team isn't allowing this to happen. Teams are not going to wait long.

But Josh McCown is someone I like. Been a good leader and good quarterback. Seem to help out teammates. Kind of like Frank Reich as a coach. But the media is going to be up in arm if Eric Bieniemy is not hired by them.
Actually, I believe that's a NFL rule. Theres a 1 week window before the playoffs begin. After that, not until that coach's team's season is done. Or something along those lines. There may be another window right before the SB. But I can't recall.

Eric Bieniemy has to be their guy. I have a hunch there is a deal in place and they are just waiting for the Chiefs season to end kind of what Atlanta did a few years back when they hired Dan Quinn. As bad as that franchise is run they have to know that it is hard to find a franchise QB. They have one and he is unhappy. Word is he wants them to hire Bieniemy so you do it to keep him happy. Will it work out? Who knows but I think they are in a position where they have to repair the relationship with Watson.

If I was Watson, I'd go request Colts to pick him up. Their team is really only needing a QB and they made the playoffs. Staying in the division where Houston has to play them twice a year would probably make Watson happy.

There's "out of left field" and then there's this. This is "out of left field from a different park in a different city in a different state". Hold on....my phone is ringing. I better get that....it may be the Texans calling wanting to interview me for a head coaching job.

If I was Watson, I'd go request Colts to pick him up. Their team is really only needing a QB and they made the playoffs. Staying in the division where Houston has to play them twice a year would probably make Watson happy.
Why the Colts, then? Why not the Saints? Same situation, arguably even better team. Definitely better coach for an offensive talent like Watson . And, it's closer.

Why the Colts, then? Why not the Saints? Same situation, arguably even better team. Definitely better coach for an offensive talent like Watson . And, it's closer.

Well, he would get more money from the Colts than the Saints and I'm pretty sure we will be giving Winston a shot here.

Bienemy cannot solve the Texas problems, team needs a complete overhaul....too bad, lot of great sport fans in the Houston Metro area......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom