Texans sign Rex Burkhead (NS- kinda) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score

Who cares, right? Well maybe we should care because this now gives the Texans David Johnson who they traded away for Hopkins, Philip Lindsay who is young and pretty good, and now Rex Burkhead who is the most recent signing and a good complementary back. I think that this puts Mark Ingram on the outside looking in.

I don't think there is a spot for Ingram on the roster. Just don't see it as a great thing for Ingram or the Saints. We haven't had a 3rd RB get on the field since Kamara got here. If your depth RB doesn't get on the field you'd hope he gives you some ST snaps at least. Ingram doesn't do that.

Maybe the idea is to cut Murray and add Ingram at the vet min. Wouldn't feel great about that either. I'm not sure where Ingram is in his career. Maybe just as a purely cost-savings move. But it would be a downgrade to me until Ingram proves he can return to form.

I'm not against adding him at vet min regardless. I'm just not sure there is an obvious roster spot for him as of now.

There are better options out there than bringing back Mark Ingram. But that's a crowded backfield though.

I’d rather have Murray than Ingram.
Yeah. I am going with you that. If he wasn't behind Kamara, he would have more national attention. You could say he gets production because OF Kamara, but look at when he played without Kamara active. When they shut down Kamara and CSP wasn't able to scheme passing touches to Kamara, Murray had good receiving games, too.

Ingram is a "touches" guy...he needs to get the ball and get into his groove. He was starting to get his groove with us and he is such a wonderful "root for" guy who is very passionate about football, but until he can be on a team that can feed him the ball, he won't be productive (he has never been that productive as a part time back). Murray can come in sporadically, as with Kamara, and bust a play out. Our team has moved on past him and I do feel bad for the guy...but, you reap what you sow.

I’d rather have Murray than Ingram.
Agreed, im not so sure at this point that Ingram is a better option. Love him, one of my favorite Saints but his ship has sailed here.

Only way i can see him coming back here is perhaps an injury at RB position. But, N.O has TY MONTGOMERY who showed that he is a very capable fill in.

I loved Ingram, but that ship has sailed. We have other position needs to sign someone based on nostalgia. He's also 31 yrs old, which means that he's probably on the backside of his career. If we had a dire need at this position, I'd say do it, but we don't, so I don't think it's necessary.

Ingram is 81 yards from being the Saints all-time franchise rushing leader. He may come back on a min deal just to get a shot to break it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom