Texas A&M pro day (3 Viewers)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Damontre Moore weighted 10 pounds heavier than he did at the Combine (260 compared to 250). He also increased his bench press reps from 12 to 19 at his Pro Day. Unfortunately, he couldn't run the 40 or perform well in the drills because of a bothersome hamstring. ran a 4.95 at the combine. I think he falls really really far. I hope we don't draft this guy, bet he has poor work ethic.

Ryan Swope wr: continued to put up great numbers:
Vert:37, bench:16, broad:10-5

Christine Michael: WOW, Love this guy, but has off the field issues Vert:43,bench 27, broad:10-5 projected 3-5th round

Jonathan Stewart ILB: wonder if this guy can play OLB. 6'4" 242, ran 4.55 at pro day. projection 7th or FA , he does have some production on the inside, so he can tackle. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jonathan-stewart-4.html

The rundown from College Station:
Damontre Moore, DE/OLB: Moore came in ten pounds heavier (260 vs. 250) than he was at the Combine. Some might wonder how he gained ten pounds over two weeks, but there is a better than average chance that he lost some weight pre-combine in an attempt to record a faster 40-yard dash time. It didn't work. While Moore improved his bench press total from the 12 he posted at the Combine to 19, he passed on running the 40-yard dash due to concerns over a lingering hamstring issue.

damontre-moore1.jpg

What is strange to me is that that Moore decided to run the short shuttle, which is essentially a mini version of "gassers" or "horses" and that kind of quick-twitch stopping and starting can't be good for your hamstring, either. Moore slipped on his first attempt and looked genuinely upset about how his pro day was going before clocking a 4.30 short shuttle on his second attempt. Unfortunately, Moore never clocked in with an official 3-cone time since he knocked a cone down on all three attempts, but his unofficial time was 7.01.
Moore was stretching and grimacing after his final 3-cone attempt, which seemed to indicate that his hamstring was an issue. Defensive line drills were run by Kris Kocurek (Lions), Jay Hayes (Bengals) and Terrell Williams (Raiders) and Moore was just average in drills. Nothing special. After Moore was finished with the defensive linemen, he went to work out with the linebackers because teams who run a 3-4 system wanted to see how he moved in space. Moore did not look fluid at all in linebacker drills, but he was also coming off of a pretty intense workout with the defensive linemen.

The Takeaway: Moore needed to improve his bench press and he did just that, but he didn't run the 40 and he didn't stand out in position drills, so I don't think you'll see Damontre Moore in the first round unless a team is absolutely in love with the tape.

Texas A&M pro day report | National Football Post

I said back in January that I did not see the hype around Moore though I felt he might be overdrafted since so many "draft experts" were in love with him. Now, his bandwagon appears empty and he is likely to get drafted where he should have in the first place--outside the first round. I personally would not consider him until the third round and even then I think functionally there are some issues with him. He's a tad too stiff in the hips, lacks fluidity, does not have a good first step (or a second one), and his work ethic has been called into question. That said, I would not surprise me if some team in the second round feel they have a steal on their hands and draft him. I hope it is the Falcons!

21 sacks, 38.5 tackles for a loss and 5 forced fumbles between his sophomore and Junior seasons on an otherwise horrible defense says a lot. This guy was constantly double teamed, chipped and had backs rubbing against him in the best conference in football and he constantly produced. He had sacks against LSU, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss and Auburn. The only SEC team that prevented him from getting a sack was Arkansas. He has good size and frame with long arms. He almost never takes plays off and plays all out until the whistle. Some team is going to get a very good football player. About midway through the college season I thought he was going to be the first player taken in the draft, he plays much faster and stronger than he measures. The combination of teams focusing on him the last few games of the season, him not doing much in the bowl game against an OT not getting help and a poor combine has really made him fall. I'd love to have him if we were running a 43. Some team is going to get a very good football player.

After looking at his stats he was able to put up and some video of him, i'm actually starting to fall in love with this guy, i wouldn't be upset if we drafted him only if we traded back in the first round

After looking at his stats he was able to put up and some video of him, i'm actually starting to fall in love with this guy, i wouldn't be upset if we drafted him only if we traded back in the first round

Just curious which video because he looks like a career backup with no upside. He doesn't play a position like ILB where you can get away with being completely unathletic by having good instincts versus the run. Spikes and Burfict might not be fast or explosive but they are strong and know how to hit. Moore isn't strong and you can't get away with being unathletic at OLB.

I said back in January that I did not see the hype around Moore though I felt he might be overdrafted since so many "draft experts" were in love with him. Now, his bandwagon appears empty and he is likely to get drafted where he should have in the first place--outside the first round. I personally would not consider him until the third round and even then I think functionally there are some issues with him. He's a tad too stiff in the hips, lacks fluidity, does not have a good first step (or a second one), and his work ethic has been called into question. That said, I would not surprise me if some team in the second round feel they have a steal on their hands and draft him. I hope it is the Falcons!

I still think he is a 1st rounder, never understood the top 10 talk though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

21 sacks, 38.5 tackles for a loss and 5 forced fumbles between his sophomore and Junior seasons on an otherwise horrible defense says a lot. This guy was constantly double teamed, chipped and had backs rubbing against him in the best conference in football and he constantly produced. He had sacks against LSU, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss and Auburn. The only SEC team that prevented him from getting a sack was Arkansas. He has good size and frame with long arms. He almost never takes plays off and plays all out until the whistle. Some team is going to get a very good football player. About midway through the college season I thought he was going to be the first player taken in the draft, he plays much faster and stronger than he measures. The combination of teams focusing on him the last few games of the season, him not doing much in the bowl game against an OT not getting help and a poor combine has really made him fall. I'd love to have him if we were running a 43. Some team is going to get a very good football player.

Lol i find it ufnny how ull put ur neck on the line for a guy like this...but ur quick to kill MJ who has done some awesome things for this team and made plays but has been on an aging/slow defense for 3 years and just started playing FS 2 yeares ago.

Malcolm Jenkins is just that. A Very good FB player...but noone gives him the benefit of the doubt that hes only been playing FS for 2 years...and in the NFL@ that. THe angles are different and how u see the field are different.

Some guys come in with it. Jairus Byrd, Ed Reed,

Some guys take longer to figure it out............if Jenkins is one of those guys and u give up on him after 3 years then how would u feel if he went to another team and went all pro? Would u eat the all pro crow?

If there were some PFF Ranking showing Moore as the guy who takes the longest to get a sack would u still back up his #'s or would say "Hes crap yeah he had sacks against SEC teaems but they were coverage sacks" all in a ploy to downgrade how much the guy actually contributed.

Thats kind of what u do to MJ.

Just thought id point that out :D carry on homie

Lol i find it ufnny how ull put ur neck on the line for a guy like this...but ur quick to kill MJ who has done some awesome things for this team and made plays but has been on an aging/slow defense for 3 years and just started playing FS 2 yeares ago.

Aging defense? The average age of our defense last season was 25.71, 13th youngest in the league. The Cardinals, Steelers, Chargers, Jets and Niners were all top 10 defenses and all top ten oldest defenses. Our average age was very middle of the road.

Among our starters on defense we had only 1 starter 31 or older and that was Will Smith. Two players (Greer and Vilma were 30) and Harper turned 30 in December.
Average age of all NFL teams, including offense and defense | NFL Evidence Network

As for speed:
Greer and Prob are both speedsters. Will Smith ran a 4.6, Cam Jordan ran a 4.7. Both jenkins and Harper ran a 4.5. Vilma and Hawthorne both ran 4.65. Bunkley ran a 4.9 which is pretty damn fast for 315lbs. Lofton and Hicks were the only two players on the defense that saw significant playing time that have below average speed. Casillas and Wilson both ran blazing times. Junior also ran a decent time. Elbert Mack ran a 4.4, Corey White and Johnny Patrick both ran 4.5's. I challenge you to look around the league and find a defense significantly faster than the Saints.

The one thing we were is undersized and one of the shortest defenses in the league. The only defensive players on the team 6'4" or taller were Jordan, Wilson and Hicks. Smith is 6'3. Bunkley, Junior and Lofton were all 6' 2. Vilma is 6'1. We had 5 starters on defense that were 6' or shorter in Harper, Jenkins, Greer, Robinson and Hawthorne. We are also one of the lighter teams in the league so it is no surprise we had such a difficult time tackling and covering taller players.

As for Jenkins, he and Will Smith were hands down the two worst starters on the defense. The defense wasn't making Jenkins look bad, Jenkins was bringing the rest of the team down. We weren't old or slow.

Malcolm Jenkins is just that. A Very good FB player...but noone gives him the benefit of the doubt that hes only been playing FS for 2 years...and in the NFL@ that. THe angles are different and how u see the field are different.

Some guys come in with it. Jairus Byrd, Ed Reed,

Some guys take longer to figure it out............if Jenkins is one of those guys and u give up on him after 3 years then how would u feel if he went to another team and went all pro? Would u eat the all pro crow?
Notice you named off guys that came in with "it". Try naming some first round picks that progressively got worse each season before being this all pro. I'd happily eat the all pro crow and you wont find anyone wishing Jenkins was this all pro stud instead of a first round bust but he isn't.

If there were some PFF Ranking showing Moore as the guy who takes the longest to get a sack would u still back up his #'s or would say "Hes crap yeah he had sacks against SEC teaems but they were coverage sacks" all in a ploy to downgrade how much the guy actually contributed.

Thats kind of what u do to MJ.

Just thought id point that out :D carry on homie

I rail on Jenkins because he doesn't get interceptions, he blows coverages, he misses tackles, he gets beat in man coverage, looks lost in zone coverage and rated out as the worst safety by multiple sights. I use PFF to back up what I was seeing and have been seeing for multiple seasons now. I realize PFF may not be perfect and in many cases are way off but it is hard to justify being ranked 80th out of 80 safeties. He ranks worst than most teams backup safeties including the guy that was backing him up. There is a big problem there.

As for Moore, he may turn out to be a huge bust and I'd be the first one to tell you that. I wouldn't make excuses and claim new coordinators are going to change that. I do think he will be a good football player and a guy that consistently makes plays. I'm not putting my neck on the line, if I'm wrong it wont be the first time and wont be the last time. If Moore has 3 career sacks and is constantly being pancaked on his back in 3 seasons then he should be released, much like Jenkins should be released for being terrible. The fact that you are using a draft prospect to justify your Jenkins support says plenty.

Watch Moore gets picked up by the Ravens and have a great Rookie year. Suggs had a crap workout too if im not mistaken

WOW is right for Christine Michael! What are his off the field issues?

He has a long injury history. He didn't fit in the new system that A&M switched to, and didn't handle the frustration very well. Also, he missed two meetings at the combine because he overslept.

Damontre Moore weighted 10 pounds heavier than he did at the Combine (260 compared to 250). He also increased his bench press reps from 12 to 19 at his Pro Day. Unfortunately, he couldn't run the 40 or perform well in the drills because of a bothersome hamstring. ran a 4.95 at the combine. I think he falls really really far. I hope we don't draft this guy, bet he has poor work ethic.

Ryan Swope wr: continued to put up great numbers:
Vert:37, bench:16, broad:10-5

Christine Michael: WOW, Love this guy, but has off the field issues Vert:43,bench 27, broad:10-5 projected 3-5th round

Jonathan Stewart ILB: wonder if this guy can play OLB. 6'4" 242, ran 4.55 at pro day. projection 7th or FA , he does have some production on the inside, so he can tackle. Jonathan Stewart Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

How do you add 10 pounds in two weeks and increase your bench press reps by over 50%....JUICE !

Swope is sooo under rated, 6' huge production and 4.3 speed, if he wasn't white he would be the #1 WR in this draft, although it can be debated weather he should be #1 , when we look back at this draft and see him go in the 3rd, we will wonder how.

Swope is sooo under rated, 6' huge production and 4.3 speed, if he wasn't white he would be the #1 WR in this draft, although it can be debated weather he should be #1 , when we look back at this draft and see him go in the 3rd, we will wonder how.

I like him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom