Texas and Oklahoma trying to join SEC (Update: SEC invitations unanimously approved) (1 Viewer)

saw that curious if the SEC will accept them or not....
leaning toward a no for me since they shot us down when TXA&M joined up probably the best thing for that school and probably why TX and OK crawling back for an invite

In the end, I can see this happening. Money will prevail and the only two teams I can imagine trying to block it are A&M and Missouri.

Will be interesting to see how ESPN deals with potential conflicting contracts with the Longhorn Network and the SEC Network deals they currently have in place.

It would make sense to add them to the SECW, along with Missouri. Move AU and Bama to SECE and we're balanced.

It would make sense to add them to the SECW, along with Missouri. Move AU and Bama to SECE and we're balanced.
Lol
Anything to get bama out of the west, huh?

Lol
Anything to get bama out of the west, huh?
I don't care if Bama is in the West or East. Texas and OU are further west than Auburn and Alabama. Geographically it makes sense. Draw the line at the Miss/Ala border.

I don't see it happening at this time. Covid and NIL are requiring a lot of attention by the schools, states and the country. Also, I don't know that the economics will work. Each school would have to make more money than they do as it sits now. SEC just signed their new tv agreement. Reality is against it from happening any time soon.

Now, a positive thing which would come from it though would be you would never have to watch Oklahoma compete (and lose) in another playoff game in football.

Wvu is a better geographic fit for the sec or acc. Our travel in the big 12 sucks.

Basically, "We bent over backwards for you butt crevasses and gave you the most favorable possible conference deal... and your bailing on us?"

UT better not think they are going to get a sweetheart deal in the SEC. IF they get in, they have to play by the same rules as every other conference member or they can kick sand.

I'd rather add OU and either NC State or Va Tech.

I think the "pod" idea has some traction.

Pod A: Mizzou, Arkansas, OU, Texas
Pod B: TAMU, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss State
Pod C: Tenn, Vandy, Bama, AU
Pod D: Kentucky, USC, UGA, UF

Every team plays their pod, plus two teams from the other pods that rotate. You end up playing every school in the conference in a four year rotation. Top two teams with the best record advance to the SEC CG.

You guys should start angling for the ACC. I see this spiraling towards 4, 16 team, power conferences. Don't be caught without a chair when the music stops.
I wouldn't mind that at all. We'd finally have some games within driving distance again. I miss playing our old big east enemies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom