Texas and Oklahoma trying to join SEC (Update: SEC invitations unanimously approved) (1 Viewer)

Texas is 52-46 in the soft-arse Big 12 over the last 11 years. I bet Miss State has a better conference record than that.

My ex wife’s husband(who is a really nice guy) is a huge OU fan and has been talking for a few years about how good OU would do in the SEC especially in the west. I’ve told him he should be careful what he wishes for. Now from everything I’ve read the SEC is going to possibly split into 4 divisions and there won’t necessarily be a west anymore but I still think OU is going to regret the decision to become part of the SEC.

not sure how the new NIL rules will help teams with recruiting but TX and OU just got more enticing with joining the SEC so look for their rankings to climb starting the year before officially joining....

My ex wife’s husband(who is a really nice guy) is a huge OU fan and has been talking for a few years about how good OU would do in the SEC especially in the west. I’ve told him he should be careful what he wishes for. Now from everything I’ve read the SEC is going to possibly split into 4 divisions and there won’t necessarily be a west anymore but I still think OU is going to regret the decision to become part of the SEC.

I think it's all about revenue - and the revenue to OU is going to be more after the move than it was before. Fans generally think that winning is a factor but clearly it isn't . . . when OU has been pretty regularly in the CFB playoffs but would still want to make this move and put that in jeopardy, it very clearly is about the money and little else.

I think it's all about revenue - and the revenue to OU is going to be more after the move than it was before. Fans generally think that winning is a factor but clearly it isn't . . . when OU has been pretty regularly in the CFB playoffs but would still want to make this move and put that in jeopardy, it very clearly is about the money and little else.
Yeah they are going to make like 30 million more a year in the SEC than they would in the Big 12. It’s as simple as that.

not sure how the new NIL rules will help teams with recruiting but TX and OU just got more enticing with joining the SEC so look for their rankings to climb starting the year before officially joining....
If Texas doesn't use this to build up some serious recruiting momentum before 2025 they are in trouble. While I am sure they have lost some recruits to the SEC, they will also lose recruits if they are seen as a middling SEC team.
Yes, the Texans lost recruits to the SEC but so did the rest of the the Big 12....to the SEC and Big 10. It was still a level playing field and they only had 3 conference championships in 25 years

You nailed it from my perspective. I think having a OU vs Bama or LSU home game every couple of years is going to jack their revenue up somewhat. The game day revenue will probably stay about the same but both of those teams fans travel really well so the week before revenue should be up.

You nailed it from my perspective. I think having a OU vs Bama or LSU home game every couple of years is going to jack their revenue up somewhat. The game day revenue will probably stay about the same but both of those teams fans travel really well so the week before revenue should be up.
It’s about TV revenue from the broadcast rights.

If Texas doesn't use this to build up some serious recruiting momentum before 2025 they are in trouble. While I am sure they have lost some recruits to the SEC, they will also lose recruits if they are seen as a middling SEC team.
Yes, the Texans lost recruits to the SEC but so did the rest of the the Big 12....to the SEC and Big 10. It was still a level playing field and they only had 3 conference championships in 25 years
Texas and OU have top 10 recruiting classes every year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom