Texas and Oklahoma trying to join SEC (Update: SEC invitations unanimously approved) (1 Viewer)

Texas and OU have top 10 recruiting classes every year.
Well I didn't say anything about OU. They get conference wins and make the playoffs.

And according to 247, from 2011 to 2022, Texas is 5-7 as far as being in the top 10 of recruiting so you kinda just made that up, didn't you? Cmon...you can man up and admit it.

But even if they were 12-0 in being in the top 10 of recruiting every year during that time, what would that matter compared to their conference record and overall rankings at the end of the year?

Well I didn't say anything about OU. They get conference wins and make the playoffs.

And according to 247, from 2011 to 2022, Texas is 5-7 as far as being in the top 10 of recruiting so you kinda just made that up, didn't you? Cmon...you can man up and admit it.

But even if they were 12-0 in being in the top 10 of recruiting every year during that time, what would that matter compared to their conference record and overall rankings at the end of the year?
Not sure what you are asking, but it’s about money. Texas makes more money than anyone from their football program and they don’t have to win anything to do it.

Not sure what you are asking, but it’s about money. Texas makes more money than anyone from their football program and they don’t have to win anything to do it.
So let's lay this out
1) I express an opinion that Texas may be in trouble if they don't use the next couple years well to build recruiting momentum
2) You disagree by bringing up OU (which I never even said anything about) and saying Texas ALWAYS has a top 10 re recruiting class
3) I respond with REAL, ACTUAL research from a respected source that shows that not only does Texas not have a top 10 recruiting class EVERY year, more years than not in recent history they are outside the top 10
4) you pretend that you never mentioned recruiting or lied and made up a bullshirt "fact" about recruiting and make your argument about revenue

Do i have this summed up correctly?

So let's lay this out
1) I express an opinion that Texas may be in trouble if they don't use the next couple years well to build recruiting momentum
2) You disagree by bringing up OU (which I never even said anything about) and saying Texas ALWAYS has a top 10 re recruiting class
3) I respond with REAL, ACTUAL research from a respected source that shows that not only does Texas not have a top 10 recruiting class EVERY year, more years than not in recent history they are outside the top 10
4) you pretend that you never mentioned recruiting or lied and made up a bullshirt "fact" about recruiting and make your argument about revenue

Do i have this summed up correctly?
I don’t know why you are so perturbed. It’s common knowledge that Texas has underachieved on the field for years.

I don’t know why you are so perturbed. It’s common knowledge that Texas has underachieved on the field for years.
I am not perturbed. I just like facts.

You stated that Texas is ALWAYS top 10 in recruiting in an effort to disprove my statement.

True or not?

I am not perturbed. I just like facts.

You stated that Texas is ALWAYS top 10 in recruiting in an effort to disprove my statement.

True or not?
I wasn’t trying to disprove your statement. You gave an opinion and I disagreed with it.

They recruit well, it’s been coaching that has been awful there. That, and being located in Austin which is not like Norman, Tuscaloosa, or Baton Rouge etc.

As for the potential of “trouble”, they won’t be in any. They can be a middling SEC team and still be the most lucrative football program in the country. They are like the Dallas Cowboys.

I wasn’t trying to disprove your statement. You gave an opinion and I disagreed with it.

They recruit well, it’s been coaching that has been awful there. That, and being located in Austin which is not like Norman, Tuscaloosa, or Baton Rouge etc.

As for the potential of “trouble”, they won’t be in any. They can be a middling SEC team and still be the most lucrative football program in the country. They are like the Dallas Cowboys.
You disagreed by giving a statement that had no basis in reality or fact

So what does that accomplish?

You disagreed by giving a statement that had no basis in reality or fact

So what does that accomplish?
Put it this way, LSU won a national championship and their revenue that year was around 120 million and change. That same year Texas went 8-5 and their revenue was 160 million and change.

So do you still think UT will be in “trouble” if they don’t start recruiting better?

Put it this way, LSU won a national championship and their revenue that year was around 120 million and change. That same year Texas went 8-5 and their revenue was 160 million and change.

So do you still think UT will be in “trouble” if they don’t start recruiting better?
I see...you are changing the subject of the discussion

You are satisfied with making more money while putting a sheet product on the field. You don't mind getting a sheet return on investment...ok message received. I judge success by what is done on the field

I see...you are changing the subject of the discussion

You are satisfied with making more money while putting a sheet product on the field. You don't mind getting a sheet return on investment...ok message received. I judge success by what is done on the field
Yeah, you’ve totally misjudged me. I can’t stand the Longhorns and I’m glad they are leaving the conference. And I’m especially glad OU is leaving with them.

And I saw that Texas recruiting classes were ranked 3, 3, and 9 the past 3 years by 247sports. Annnnd then the coach got fired. That’s Longhorn football in a nutshell.

Yeah, you’ve totally misjudged me. I can’t stand the Longhorns and I’m glad they are leaving the conference. And I’m especially glad OU is leaving with them.

And I saw that Texas recruiting classes were ranked 3, 3, and 9 the past 3 years by 247sports. Annnnd then the coach got fired. That’s Longhorn football in a nutshell.
And how has anything you have said countered my original point?

Texas hasn't been good enough to win in an inferior conference. Are you saying that the Big 12 is as good or better than the SEC?

I stated that Texas may be in trouble if they don't parlay these couple years recruiting into big results before joining the SEC in 2025. Is it not logical that if they don't improve their on-field product they will have issues when moving into a conference with objectively better teams?

What does revenue have to do with that?

And how has anything you have said countered my original point?

Texas hasn't been good enough to win in an inferior conference. Are you saying that the Big 12 is as good or better than the SEC?

I stated that Texas may be in trouble if they don't parlay these couple years recruiting into big results before joining the SEC in 2025. Is it not logical that if they don't improve their on-field product they will have issues when moving into a conference with objectively better teams?

What does revenue have to do with that?
Well, the way you are defining “trouble”, Texas is already waist deep in it. However, they don’t define trouble the way you do. They define trouble as missing out on the SEC’s broadcast rights deal. So they are going to solve that trouble by joining the SEC. And I’ll bet you dollars to donuts that they’ll be playing in the SEC before the 2025 season.

I’m a Baylor fan, just to be up front as to where I’m coming from.

Well, the way you are defining “trouble”, Texas is already waist deep in it. However, they don’t define trouble the way you do. They define trouble as missing out on the SEC’s broadcast rights deal. So they are going to solve that trouble by joining the SEC. And I’ll bet you dollars to donuts that they’ll be playing in the SEC before the 2025 season.

I’m a Baylor fan, just to be up front as to where I’m coming from.
I'll give you that. You look out for their bottom line. I and the rest of the college football world will judge by the product on the field

I'll give you that. You look out for their bottom line. I and the rest of the college football world will judge by the product on the field
Yeah, I understand what you are saying. But that’s fan talk. The entire landscape of college football is about to change.

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. But that’s fan talk. The entire landscape of college football is about to change.
I just hope WVU doesn't get left out.
We deserve a seat way more than others that already have one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom