Texas finished 23rd in recruiting (1 Viewer)

weightlifter316

Kevin Gates 4 President
Reaction score
How is that possible? Tennessee finished ahead of them in recruiting :jpshakehead:

Mack Brown needs to be replaced, now.

With all the talent in Texas that is pretty sad.

because the Big 12 or what ever they are now is in turmoil and going down hill fast. Every offseason there is talk of teams pulling out and going to other confrences. UT hasn't been a contending program in years. The program went stagnant thinking they will always be the best in Texas but now that A&M is in the SEC and doing great I'd look for UT to continue dropping.

I'd surprised if a year from now if DeLoss Dodds, Mack Brown, and Rick Barnes are still in their jobs.

The fanbase is so ready for major turnover in the athletic department.

Big XII on the other hand is quite healthy now and is paying out 30MM per school per season, tops in the nation.

This is actually a good lesson for folks that say LSU recruits itself and any coach could come in and have a great class like Miles just did.

There is probably no school that recruits itself better than Texas other than perhaps Southern Cal. The state of Texas is absolutely loaded each year with blue chips and 90% of them grow up dreaming of playing at UT.

I think the Aggies made a good move going to the SEC, but with the right coach very few Texas kids would ever pick A&M and College Station over UT and Austin.

I agree this is probably Mack Brown's last year. He and his staff did a horrible job recruiting this year. They had all sorts of defections at the end with no back up plans. UT fans are not happy.

This is actually a good lesson for folks that say LSU recruits itself and any coach could come in and have a great class like Miles just did.

There is probably no school that recruits itself better than Texas other than perhaps Southern Cal. The state of Texas is absolutely loaded each year with blue chips and 90% of them grow up dreaming of playing at UT.

I think the Aggies made a good move going to the SEC, but with the right coach very few Texas kids would ever pick A&M and College Station over UT and Austin.

I agree this is probably Mack Brown's last year. He and his staff did a horrible job recruiting this year. They had all sorts of defections at the end with no back up plans. UT fans are not happy.

They had backup plans, they just couldn't seal the deal on their backup plans either. They made numerous runs at Ole Miss RB commits, Dodson first, than Barber. We even lost Barber, but to Auburn, not Texas. In his recruiting roundup Mack Brown then specifically mentioned how Texasisnt running the ball like they need to be.

Anytime you're filling your class out by flipping a local guy with offers from SDSU, Washington State, and New Mexico, you know you're in trouble. I should know, the signing day defection from Louisiana Tech or UAB to Ole Miss was a staple for us.

And I agree that coaches make the real difference, the SEC is giving the Aggies a nice edge I think. The SEC is definitely in a position of where the water level is lifting all the boats I think.

Missouri needs to get out of the plains and use that to its advantage in Illinois. If Ole Miss can recruit Illinois, there's no reason Missouri can't (they did get a big time DT out of Chicago who mentioned both Missouri's proximity and conference as reasons for committing. They just need to multiple that victory a half dozen times).

texas had a very small class. bout 15 commits total.
most teams hit around 25 players. they picked up some
big boys on their lines. all 300 plus lbs
numbers get scewed on small classes. they actually did quite well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom