Texas HS student lays out ref who ejected him. (1 Viewer)

the player that committed the foul's team won the game but are disqualified from the playoffs because of his actions

This isn’t the first time this punk has assaulted officials. He needs to be criminally charged and banned from playing any type of sports since apparently he can’t control himself when penalized.
People and most notably, athletes, are afforded more chances (excuses) then should EVER be allowed. No REAL repercussions for heinous acts such as this. Lock him up for about 5 years and maybe he'll get the message. Maybe not, but at least for those 5 years in a cell, he'll be unable to commit another attack on some unsuspecting person.

I am almost certain that players ‘back in the day’ got away with much more than they do now
I believe that is FALSE. There is ZERO evidence to support that notion. Players were more disciplined and respectful of rules and law and order, because they were double disciplined. Once at their school/game, then double whammied by their responsible parents. Today, many parents condone that type of behavior as being a MAN!

People and most notably, athletes, are afforded more chances (excuses) then should EVER be allowed. No REAL repercussions for heinous acts such as this. Lock him up for about 5 years and maybe he'll get the message. Maybe not, but at least for those 5 years in a cell, he'll be unable to commit another attack on some unsuspecting person.
And here is the issue- this knee jerk reaction to punish and punish severely is why the US incarceration rates are so heinous
Our punishment system is an ineffective mess - locking that kid up for 5 years almost certainly creates many more problems than it solves

I believe that is FALSE. There is ZERO evidence to support that notion. Players were more disciplined and respectful of rules and law and order, because they were double disciplined. Once at their school/game, then double whammied by their responsible parents. Today, many parents condone that type of behavior as being a MAN!
I was talking more broadly (pros, etc)

And here is the issue- this knee jerk reaction to punish and punish severely is why the US incarceration rates are so heinous
Our punishment system is an ineffective mess - locking that kid up for 5 years almost certainly creates many more problems than it solves

Well, I think punishment system is the key phrase there. Some would prefer more of a rehabilitation system for the vast majority of crimes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom