Texas HS student lays out ref who ejected him. (1 Viewer)

If you're gonna do something like that, do it correctly ...a nice form tackle, shoulder in the midriff area, hands wrapped around legs, lift up and drive the entire weight down hard into the turf!

I believe that is FALSE. There is ZERO evidence to support that notion. Players were more disciplined and respectful of rules and law and order, because they were double disciplined. Once at their school/game, then double whammied by their responsible parents. Today, many parents condone that type of behavior as being a MAN!

Penn State University would argue otherwise.

247Sports says he's 18. He's been charged. It isn't his first on field incident either. He did this during a soccer game last year and was suspended from the team. Looks like this man child could use a bit of jail time to cool his jets.

And here is the issue- this knee jerk reaction to punish and punish severely is why the US incarceration rates are so heinous
Our punishment system is an ineffective mess - locking that kid up for 5 years almost certainly creates many more problems than it solves
It was blatant and it is was not his 1st rodeo. Therefore, in this case, he deserves a more harsh punishment. I am not disagreeing with the proposition of reforming our criminal justice system, for more reasonable punishments for crimes actually committed. There are many incarcerated for less heinous crimes, and not enough incarcerated for the most heinous crimes. There are a lot of inequalities. It is not a perfect system. But the fact remains. I bet the parents and how he was raised, had a lot to do with his reaction.

I was talking more broadly (pros, etc)
While the game was more violent in its nature, where players took liberty with a lot of questionable acts (cheap shots), the players had more respect for the officials. That is what we are talking about. Not about actions of players, committed against other players. It still occurs today, within the NFL. That is never going to change, due to the nature of the sport. But you need to maintain a set of law and order. And attacking officials, is a bad precursor to what may occur in real life off the field. Just because you disagree with a ruling, you cannot take the opportunity to blind side someone. Verbally expressing your frustration is one thing, but to act out in the manner this player did towards a ruling official in a violent manner, within an organized activity, is unacceptable.

This isn’t the first time this punk has assaulted officials. He needs to be criminally charged and banned from playing any type of sports since apparently he can’t control himself when penalized.
What? He’s done this more than once?
Disgusting.

Hearing he did this before in a Soccer game makes you think in the future kids will be not only ejected for a season but barred from all athletics for a full season now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom