Texas HS student lays out ref who ejected him. (1 Viewer)

Needs jail time but also clearly needs YEARS of therapy for his anger management. There's not a bright future for this guy without someone to straighten him out, though, obviously that didn't happen since last year when he threw out the first red flag that his lack of impulse control was off the charts. He's going to hurt someone even more seriously and he's not gonna have a friend in the world to have his back since he's hurt everyone on his team who were working hard. Emmanuel Duron. Say his name.

Needs jail time but also clearly needs YEARS of therapy for his anger management. There's not a bright future for this guy without someone to straighten him out, though, obviously that didn't happen since last year when he threw out the first red flag that his lack of impulse control was off the charts. He's going to hurt someone even more seriously and he's not gonna have a friend in the world to have his back since he's hurt everyone on his team who were working hard. Emmanuel Duron. Say his name.
I actually think the best thing to do would be to make him a ref

I actually think the best thing to do would be to make him a ref
Why?
So he can attack the parents that question him?
He’s 18 with a history of assault
He needs to be removed from team sports entirely until he goes to counseling for anger management/ does community service/ something
There needs to be consequences for assaulting others
He certainly doesn’t deserve to be put in a position of power
That’s just silly

Why?
So he can attack the parents that question him?
He’s 18 with a history of assault
He needs to be removed from team sports entirely until he goes to counseling for anger management/ does community service/ something
There needs to be consequences for assaulting others
He certainly doesn’t deserve to be put in a position of power
That’s just silly
My man it was a joke, and a funny one at that

Can't believe nobody here is calling out what an absurd decision it was to rob an entire team of their playoff run and effectively end a season over one person's singular action. Or am I missing something?

I can't even imagine trying to process the logic of that kind of decision while playing in HS, especially during the playoffs.

Can't believe nobody here is calling out what an absurd decision it was to rob an entire team of their playoff run and effectively end a season over one person's singular action. Or am I missing something?

I can't even imagine trying to process the logic of that kind of decision while playing in HS, especially during the playoffs.

It doesn’t bother me. Maybe they shouldn’t have had the player on the team that did the same thing a year ago. Not to mention he was ejected for having two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in a row leading up to that.

I’d argue in this case the coaches bear some responsibility for this.

They win as a team and they lose as a team.

The actions of one player affect the entire team.

I completely agree with the decision to remove the team from the playoffs.

I’ve read several mentions of him having done this before or the team having done something similar before but can find nothing supporting this
Anyone have links?

also someone said he was also a soccer player- I can only find that he was a wrestler- again links?

We also don't know what kind of history he has had through out the season. The coach or the team may have been warned before (other than the soccer incident). We all know players with talent, when they have issues, those issues seem to get swept under the rug.
I don't think he should get any substantial jail time, he'll probably get probation and community service.

We also don't know what kind of history he has had through out the season. The coach or the team may have been warned before (other than the soccer incident). We all know players with talent, when they have issues, those issues seem to get swept under the rug.
I don't think he should get any substantial jail time, he'll probably get probation and community service.
That's why I asked if I was missing something, but nothing like that has come to light. His coaches and teammates tried to prevent what happened on that field. The rest of the game was played after the incident without further incident, as far as I can tell. Unless the rest of the team and coaching staff were complicit, ending their season is moronic and reeks of laziness by the school district. They probably didn't want to have to answer anymore questions about what happened.

So if the player gets a slap on the wrist for being basically a repeat offender and the referee experiences substantial injuries that are extended longer than usual, should he be able to sue the parents? Something is obviously wrong with this young man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom