texas motor speedway questions (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
me, my buddy, and my two 10 year old twins wanna go. budgets for seats are 225.00 give or take. best seats,things to do at track, parking ect? it will be the april 13 at 7pm race. thank you all for the help who dat!!

It's a great track. Relatively new - so the facilities are updated (good bathrooms, good food, etc.)

Definitely go. Go real early to have a couple of hours to walk around all the promotional activities and merch-trucks there are to see.

Parking is usually free at NASCAR and you can bring in a soft cooler with cans or plastic bottles of alcohol.

And get a scanner (either drop some money and buy one - maybe eBay if you want to save - or rent one at the track). Without a scanner it's like watching football on mute. But you and your friend can get one and a headphone splitter and you're good to go (same for the twins). Also, you need full-ear cover headphones (aviation kind are the best). So it might be better to rent a set at the track. But then you have to return them after.

I have been to Texas race three times. It's a great event.

If you live close to Dallas I would encourage you to go the dirt track at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. The World Dirt Track Championship is this Friday and Saturday. I you enjoy going to NASCAR races you will love going to this event. It is not a typical dirt track race as it is ran super professionally and very efficiently. Your kids will love it - guarantee it. A lot of the guys racing on Sunday cut their teeth on the dirt (Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Clint Bowyer, etc).

If you live close to Dallas I would encourage you to go the dirt track at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. The World Dirt Track Championship is this Friday and Saturday. I you enjoy going to NASCAR races you will love going to this event. It is not a typical dirt track race as it is ran super professionally and very efficiently. Your kids will love it - guarantee it. A lot of the guys racing on Sunday cut their teeth on the dirt (Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Clint Bowyer, etc).
do they race the saturday before the race?

They (the dirt track) only race 2 times per year and it never coincides with the NASCAR race unfortunately. Years ago they used to run sprint cars on the same weekend and you could catch both of the events at the same time. For some reason they stopped a few years ago though.

directions ? go 1/2 mile, take a left. go 1/2 mile, take another left. then go 1/2 mile, take a left. then take another left as the road bends towards the left.

me, my buddy, and my two 10 year old twins wanna go. budgets for seats are 225.00 give or take. best seats,things to do at track, parking ect? it will be the april 13 at 7pm race. thank you all for the help who dat!!

On seats, your mileage will vary depending your budget. Obviously, the front stretch is the best because you can see all the pit road action (as well as the start/finish line - but that only matters for one lap).

But seats all around that track are good. You want to be be up quite a bit (not down near the bottom) to get the best sight lines. You don't want the top necessarily, because you want to feel the cars go by. So look for seats about halfway up the section, maybe a couple of rows higher than halfway.

do they race the saturday before the race?

Check the schedule. There are usually races the day before - whether its the Nationwide series (the series just below Cup) or one of the regional or truck series.

But if its your first race, IMO, don't go see the Saturday race. Wait and have your first experiences there in the full-blown grandeur of the Cup series. It's incredible. EDIT - My bad, I see you went to Talladega. You'll definitely love Texas - Talladega is great but it's so big that you can't really fully digest it all at the same time. With decent seats, you'll see everything at Texas.

Talladega is great but it's so big that you can't really fully digest it all at the same time. With decent seats, you'll see everything at Texas.

+1

Been to both and Texas is much better for the experience. I agree with everything Supechuck has already stated. I've had seats just about everywhere except the backstretch. Lower rows in the upper section are the best, closer to the S/F line, the better. Parking is free and never an issue if you get there early enough. We would take a grill and tailgate after the race. Once we finished eating and packed up, traffic getting out was a breeze.

I sat turn one for a NASCAR Saturday Busch race and left with little black rubber pieces all over me, plus the fumes are stronger as on every restart the engines are under the most duress. I liked it but it's not for everyone.

I went to a Formula race there and sat where Superchuck suggested, just over halfway as turn four straightens out. IIRC it was also covered.

If its hot bring a hat/sunscreen. Most of the clothing vendors were in the parking lot and as I went later in the summer there was no refuge from the sun.

It's a great track.....

Texas Motor Speedway was the first track I watched a NASCAR event LIVE......what a rush!!! If you can try not to get the cheapest seats in the house....maybe shop a little. You might be able to find grandstand seats for a reasonable price if you search a little.

Enjoy your trip!

I cant speak for TMS but i have been to Richmond twice and Martinsville 4 times. To me the best part of the race is the camping/tailgating before it starts. Most peeps offer you food and drinks.

Heck one time at Martinsville while wandering around with a friend and ran in to a guy who offered us a beer next thing we knew he had his old lady grilling us steaks.

I see you have young kids so this may not be do able.

Every race I have gone to Ive made it a 3 day event.

Also scanners are a must but be prepared to hear some bad language.

That is the one thing that I would add is to plan to make a day of it. Walking around the outer ring of the track and visiting the souvenir haulers is a lot of fun.
I went to the Nationwide Sat. night race last Nov. and ran into a lot of folks from LA ( most wearing LSU gear).

Not a big NASCAR guy, but have been to TMS twice staying in the infield for the weekend. I had a blast both times. Really cool experience and the place is just massive.

i camped in the infeild the first 2 years of texas motor speedway, a year pass was like $300 at that time - was fun

not a race fan so sitting in the stands wouldnt be for me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom