Texas Saints fans( NOV 18th @ HOU) (1 Viewer)

CRESS_137

Formerly known as Born_A_Saint
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I live in Austin, as you might be able to tell, but I'm getting a group of us Cajuns from here to head to Houston for the showdown with the Texans.

Does anyone have any info about tailgates/meetups.
Also is there a way to find out if one would definitely be seated in an area where the Saints fans will be? We gotta be with our people.

Thanks in advance for any info .

If you were at Texas Stadium last December, you would know that probably no matter where you sit in Reliant Stadium you will not be too far from Saints fans.
We ruled that place, and after the game was out of hand, all you saw was black and gold in Jerry Jones's house.

I figure that the Texans will probably have another subpar season and by November you will be able to get tickets on fire sale. That will allow many Saints fans to make the trip west on I-10 to see the game.

As for tailgates... stay tuned on here. I'm sure something will arise the closer it gets to November.

GO SAINTS!

cheers for the info man.

and yeah i saw the Dallas game on TV. made me proud :worthy:

I already have tickets to this one. People are fighting over who gets to ride to Houston in my bus..this one is going to be crazy. Once some who is familiar with the parking areas in Houston gets some info posted, we can pickout a spot to tailgate. Anyone know anything about the parking and willing to suggest a spot to meet up....lets hear it.

Call the ticket office

I already have tickets to this one. People are fighting over who gets to ride to Houston in my bus..this one is going to be crazy. Once some who is familiar with the parking areas in Houston gets some info posted, we can pickout a spot to tailgate. Anyone know anything about the parking and willing to suggest a spot to meet up....lets hear it.

I would suggest calling the Texans ticket office.
All that I have seen in my digging for good seats to this game is that all parking in and around Reliant and the Astrodome requires a parking pass. I guess if you are going to find a pay lot you will be across 610 from the stadium? I am not sure.

Call the ticket office and see. Parking passes can be bought on Ebay or from a broker for a decent price. If they let you bring in your bus, you can set up Saint Tailgate Central right by Reliant.

If you are going the broker / Ebay route, inquire about a parking pass. I think there are many levels. Blue is probably the best. I think there is also a red and a yellow.

Go to the Texans site and call the ticket office. I am sure that they would be helpful.

-Rene

This is going to be a beautiful thing.
Saints fans takeover Houston, TX.
We are gonna be mobbing up from Austin

Hey guys,

I live in Houston and was a Texans season ticket holder last year (bought 'em last March when I thought they'd pick Reggie...glad they didn't), so I know the stadium and parking situation pretty well.

The Texans really did a great job with parking lot layout as they wanted to promote tailgating. Lots are segmented into colors, with the Blue lot universally considered the "best"...it's nearest to the main entrance (Budweiser Plaza) and is full of tailgaters. I used to park in Yellow, which is also a great tailgating spot. Parking spots onsite are all pre-sold, meaning you need to purchase parking tags before the game. A tag gets you a spot and room immediately behind your spot for tailgating. I suggest picking a color/lot, getting a number of people to get colored tags and get there early (gates open at 8AM) to stake out spots.

You cannot buy beer on Sunday before Noon from stores, but that's not a big deal (buy it the day before). You can drink anywhere in the lots, etc., no problem.

I'm responding here b/c I also (a) want tickets to the game and (b) want to tailgate all day w/ a bunch of Saints fans before and after the game. I'd be glad to give input on things like where to tailgate, where to shop for group tickets, etc. I'm getting married next spring so I can't spend the $$ to travel to a game, so this is my one and only Saints game this year and I want to do it up right.

Let's keep this thread going, start working on plans to get groups together and stuff.

Visitor's tunnel at Reliant

From my conversations with the Texans ticket office, the visitor's tunnel is located near sections 132, 133, 134, and 135. It is also known as the Amergy Bank of Texas gate.

Hope that helps.

Coming from ATL...

I hope to be there for the game since I can stay with cousins. I'm going to keep an eye out in a few months to see where some of you guys will be before the game. I'd love to tailgate with Mike's bus! That thing rocks! I want to get my picture with it!

It's funny to think we're all getting so hyped up about a game that is about 4.5 months away! I hope Reggie has a big day to show the Texans why they should have taken him! (Glad they didn't!)

Southwest Saint!!

HONEYMOON OR AN AWAY GAME???

HMMMM....... LEMME THINK.. AWAY GAME i would pick... I'm definitely going to Houston.. It's going to be awesome

I just found out that Rebirth Brass Band will be performing that Friday(16th) of the Texans game in Houston, might have to make it a whole weekend(Friday, Saturday, Sunday) get nice Friday night sweat on....:jazzman: :jazzman: :a_smil09:

Southwest Saint!!

HONEYMOON OR AN AWAY GAME???

HMMMM....... LEMME THINK.. AWAY GAME i would pick... I'm definitely going to Houston.. It's going to be awesome

LOL...I have friends in NOLA who're going to the Seattle game. If it was any other year, I'd go.

The Houston game is going to be awesome. Going to be very similar to the Texans-Titans game last year (I was there). The place was packed w/ Titans fans, and VY ended his game-winning TD run by screaming, "This is *my* house." to the fans. (He's right---it'll be 'his house' for at least the next 10 years. Silly Texans.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom