Texas Tech @ Texas (1 Viewer)

Sabine

Thicketeer - Bottomite
Reaction score
Come on already! These last few hours are friggin draaaaaaaaaagging by.

It was fun last year watching Texas Tech climb in the rankings, setting school records, their halftime kicking contest winner join the team and do well, and I was proud to have all those Big 12 South teams in the top 10. I even felt bad for Harrell when he got his hand all busted up at the end of the season, dropped from Heisman contender to not even being picked up in the draft, ending up in the CFL ... (though I didn't have a problem with Ole Miss taking them at the Cotton Bowl). But ...

When these two teams last met up and a last second TD threw the Big 12 South into a mind-bending tiebreaker - that ultimately sent Big 12's second best team to the NC (instead of Texas) - and then lost! ... Well, I've been waiting for this weekend ever since.

Yeah, yeah, Colt & Co. are saying all the right things good sportsmen are supposed to say, like it's no big deal. Yeah, right. "It's just another game." "I'm not a revenge-type guy" Blah, Blah, Blah.

Fine, you're a "bigger" person than I am, Colt. I want my damn rematch, and I want it now!

Last edited:
You know Colt wants revenge.. And Tech aint the same team as they were last year.. However, Texas is probably just as good, if not very very close.. I think Texas wins easily.

You know Colt wants revenge.. And Tech aint the same team as they were last year.. However, Texas is probably just as good, if not very very close.. I think Texas wins easily.

Yeah I know, I'd rather have the complete teams, but this is all I get. If I really had my way, while Tech fans were storming the field pulling over the goal post, both teams would have been flown to Austin to play again.

Yeah, I've been waiting for this.

:)

I think overall Texas is as good as they were, and I anticipate better in some areas. Last year, we had freshman pups at safety in a conference with a stable full of top QBs. I'm expecting a better secondary, if they actually make it to the field and stop getting benched.

Last edited:
Yeah I know, I'd rather have the complete teams, but this is all I get. If I really had my way, while Tech fans were storming the field pulling over the goal post, both teams would have been flown to Austin to play again.

Yeah, I've been waiting for this.

:)

I think overall Texas is as good as they were, and I anticipate better in some areas. Last year, we had freshman pups at safety in a conference with a stable full of top QBs. I'm expecting a better secondary, if they actually make it to the field and stop getting benched.

Id love to have seen a rematch last year.. Or that CB covering Crabtree could have just been aware and turned around and picked off that pass and it would have been over then.

The offense took a lick losing Crosby and Ogbonnaya but Shipley will step up i think.. And obviously losing Orakpo hurts but Sergio Kindle should produce better this week too.. Dont know as much about the secondary but if they were young last year, hopefully theyve improved.

I grew up with the old SWC when Texas Tech was rarely a threat to the dominance of the Longhorns. I ALWAYS saw a "W" whenever I saw the Tech game on the schedule, so I didn't really have strongly negative feelings about them the way I did A&M, Arkansas or Oklahoma. But after last year's game, I don't care if the Red Raiders go 0 for the rest of the decade.

I grew up with the old SWC when Texas Tech was rarely a threat to the dominance of the Longhorns. I ALWAYS saw a "W" whenever I saw the Tech game on the schedule, so I didn't really have strongly negative feelings about them the way I did A&M, Arkansas or Oklahoma. But after last year's game, I don't care if the Red Raiders go 0 for the rest of the decade.

Funny you mention A&M.. Im looking forward to being in College Station for the Texas vs Texas A&M game this year :hihi:.

Funny you mention A&M.. Im looking forward to being in College Station for the Texas vs Texas A&M game this year :hihi:.

How are you getting to go there? I either get a ticket or you have to work that day. :hihi:

If Texas loses the Big XII is a fraud this year. Oklahoma can't carry the banner for the conference with Bradford out.

But Texas isn't going to lose. It'll be a blowout

In DFW, this is the most overhyped game so far this season. Sports talk I listen to is talking about how big this game is. ********. This is no big game. Texas should win handily. If Crabtree and Harrell were still at Tech, then yeah, big game. This is a mere street reflector hump on UT's road to the Big 12 title game.

Texas should win this game hands down. Tech's QB is still inexperienced, even with them getting their tight end back. I will truly be disappointed if TX even lets this game get close. Mack better have this team ready to do business and then take care of it.

I am actually looking forward to next's week game with the Cougs taking on the Red Raiders. I think that will be a better match up and would be great for UH and conference USA.

Signs seen on ESPN Gameday:

"Lou Holtz is his own Grandpa"
"QB at TT, so easy a Caveman can do it"
"Kanye likes Beyonce's sign better"

Signs seen on ESPN Gameday:

"Lou Holtz is his own Grandpa"
"QB at TT, so easy a Caveman can do it"
"Kanye likes Beyonce's sign better"

ahahahhahhaahah yeah i was gonna post the same ones...some good creativity in austin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom