Texas, the new Florida (2 Viewers)

I searched for a similar thread. I found a lot of crazy Texas stuff but no dedicated threads. Maybe we shiuld just put the Texas stuff in one place?

I offer this.

Kid decides to "coal roll, some cyclists and runs over six people.

Not arrested.

I'm going to speculate why.

A sixteen year old with what is probably an $80,000 truck. Rich?

Arresting him might jeopardize his high school football team's chances?

An update:
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...ronman-16490862.php?__twitter_impression=true

In all seriousness, though i did find a lot of Texans to have a very ‘Texas-centric’ attitude when i lived there, relative to other places ive lived- i think honestly what it comes down to is that people are ****ing crazy, and wherever you find more people, you’ll find more crazy…. Hence why we hear so many weird stories from FL and TX.. this just in: There are also lots of crazy stories out of highly populous states like CA & NY (no link.)

People are moving from all over the country right now (especially from better and more cultured places such as the Northeast) to Florida with the hope of enjoying the dysfunction.

Job took me to stints in Dallas (Allen) and San Antonio for 8 years(99-07). Dallas? If I never have to go back to Dallas I'll die a happy man. Great neighbors, none of whom were from Dallas. They were from all over the US and Canada. The overarching vibe I got from living there for three years was "how fast can you go and how much money do you make?" Not laid back like NO. And then there is that whole "Cowboys" thing. Always windy in Dallas, hot wind in the summer, cold wind in the winter. Always blows in Dallas.
San Antonio, on the other hand, was very much like NO. There were tons of things to do, plenty of outdoor activities, and a great food culture. One Friday afternoon, sitting in traffic on the way home, the guy in the truck on my right was drinking a beer. The guy in the truck on my left was drinking a beer. For a minute I thought I was back in NO.

Every state is Florida.

They're just usually better at hiding it.

In all seriousness, though i did find a lot of Texans to have a very ‘Texas-centric’ attitude when i lived there, relative to other places ive lived- i think honestly what it comes down to is that people are ****ing crazy, and wherever you find more people, you’ll find more crazy…. Hence why we hear so many weird stories from FL and TX.. this just in: There are also lots of crazy stories out of highly populous states like CA & NY (no link.)
Conclusión: when shat bits cluster tightly the bits become shatier. And they all end up in the French Quarter at some point unfortunately

Job took me to stints in Dallas (Allen) and San Antonio for 8 years(99-07). Dallas? If I never have to go back to Dallas I'll die a happy man. Great neighbors, none of whom were from Dallas. They were from all over the US and Canada. The overarching vibe I got from living there for three years was "how fast can you go and how much money do you make?" Not laid back like NO. And then there is that whole "Cowboys" thing. Always windy in Dallas, hot wind in the summer, cold wind in the winter. Always blows in Dallas.
San Antonio, on the other hand, was very much like NO. There were tons of things to do, plenty of outdoor activities, and a great food culture. One Friday afternoon, sitting in traffic on the way home, the guy in the truck on my right was drinking a beer. The guy in the truck on my left was drinking a beer. For a minute I thought I was back in NO.
Upon moving away from (north) texas, I loudly proclaimed that I hope my shadow never darkens Texas soil again

I draw the same comparisons only my experience is with Dallas and Austin. I have family in Dallas but they can have it. Austin on the other hand is a really cool place.

Rita Leblanc can have San Antonio. I will never forget their transparent attempts to lure our team after Katrina. I am so thankful that Benson came to his senses (and this state came to theirs for that matter).

Upon moving away from (north) texas, I loudly proclaimed that I hope my shadow never darkens Texas soil again

Same here. I did grad school at UT in Austin and loved it. If there were offshore fishing in Austin I may never have left, but it's now just another giant hell hole of Texas as far as I'm concerned.

I'll either fly over or drive around Texas from here on out. Or just avoid any need of ever being there again.

Just curious...what is it about the Dallas/Ft Worth, Houston areas that y'all don't like? Is it the people? Policies? Atmosphere? The only experience I really have is just driving thru. When I lived in San Diego years ago, I loved it. Then I moved away for a few years and when I came back it was a Sheethole. Is this what happened in Tx? or has it always been that way?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom