Texas was one bad call from playing in the BCS championship game. (1 Viewer)

LSU didn't have their starting QB for the Orange Bowl last year, and toasted Miami anyway. That's part of being a championship caliber team....being able to win despite injuries; having the depth so that your backups can step in and meet the challenge. If that one player makes so much of a difference, then IMO Texas isn't a championship caliber team this year.

And so that you don't think I'm sounding like an LSU homer, I have an easier time with the Auburn loss than most....yes, we should have had more of a fair chance to win that game (proper calls being made still wouldn't have assured LSU the win, but it would have been nice to have the chance), but bottom line we had a great chance to beat an outstanding Florida team and we didn't do it. LSU had a chance to prove everyone wrong after the Auburn loss, and they simply didn't get it done.

Last edited:
LC,
Understand as you read this, I am a UT fan from my youth. I learned to love them when I was in grade school in San Antonio, then clung to them when we moved to Oklahoma City, where I spent Junior High School. UT was a banner against all those obnoxious OU fans who surrounded me. I was on cloud 9 last year when they whacked USC. Further, Colt McCoy's grandfather goes to the same church as my mother and they have known each other since they were in college. The point is while I went to college at LSU and my first allegiance is there, I'm still a UT fan, OK?
Having said all that, let's be real. UT simply is not the team it was last year.
First, they were fortunate early in the year to be playing bad teams, some of whom they barely beat, while Colt was learning how to be a QB on the college level.
Second, everyone has injuries: LSU lost their starting QB for the Orange Bowl last year and still crushed Miami like a bug. Put the decision to play Colt when he was still to hurt to throw squarely on Mack's shoulders. That was dumb.
Third, there wasn't going to be a rematch for UT. Ohio State beat them 24-7 (and let's be honest, it wasn't that close) in week 2 and no one was going to rematch them against OSU over Michigan anyway.
Fourth, and I'll go ahead and beat the dead horse: LSU has a WAY bigger beef over bad officiating for the Auburn debacle than does UT for the non-TD call (after all, UT still scored and won the game while LSU had 2 TD passes that were broken up by defensive interference with NO CALL either time and lost the game because of it). Heck, the despised Sooners have a better argument than UT because of the ADMITTED officiating screw-up that cost them a game and made them a 2 loss team rather than a 1 loss team (and, no,I don't really think OU is a particularly good team this year).
Finally, if this team is so good, could they not have to struggle SO HARD against a mediocre team like IOWA!?!?!?! (frustration speaking here...Iowa just scored again, blast it)

So please, stop whining. Next year, with experience under his belt, Colt will be a QB to watch and UT will have a good shot. This year is a rebuilding year for them. Face it: I don't really think this season's version of UT would stand a chance against any of the "Major Bowl" teams this year, except against the over-rated Notre Dame that is.

Whoa, two point win over unranked Iowa.

This is the Domino's pizza of threads.

There is only one coach in the country that is better than Mack and I doubt he's leaving USC any time soon.

With this drivel you are either intentionally trying to be an obnoxious ******* or you simply have no clue what you are talking about.

With this drivel you are either intentionally trying to be an obnoxious ******* or you simply have no clue what you are talking about.

Hellllllllllp personal attacks

We have more than half of a BCS title :hihi:

Quick someone do me a favor and look up who has the longest streak of 10 win seasons in the NCAA
:shrug:

Hellllllllllp personal attacks

We have more than half of a BCS title :hihi:

Quick someone do me a favor and look up who has the longest streak of 10 win seasons in the NCAA
:shrug:

Great, so ya'll are the Atlanta Braves of College Football. Great regular seasons every year and lucked up and won a single National Title, and it will be the only one ya'll get for a good long while.

IIRC, LSU has the entire 2003 BCS Championship trophy in Baton Rouge, not half...

IIRC, LSU has the entire 2003 BCS Championship trophy in Baton Rouge, not half...

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

It still bugs me that USC signed the same BCS agreement that all teams did to agree that the National Champion would be decided by the BCS Championship game, and yet they want it both ways...they still ride on that "co-champs" garbage.

Like you said MLU, the WHOLE trophy for 2003 is in Baton Rouge, not southern CA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom