Texas was one bad call from playing in the BCS championship game. (1 Viewer)

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
3rd and 1, first drive of the Kansas State game. Selvin Young runs the ball, sticks it out before his knee hit the ground, and the ball clearly crosses the goalline. The refs rule him short and never review it.

4th and 1, QB sneak by Colt McCoy. Touchdown. But, McCoy hurts his shoulder.

Had the refs made the correct call on the 3rd and 1, Colt never gets hurt, we beat K-State, and we actually have an offense against aggy. McCoy clearly should not have been playing last week. He was underthrowing receivers by ten yards on 25 yard patterns.

I know you guys enjoy the agony of a Texas fan... but unless you're a USC, Ohio State, or Michigan fan, Texas was closer to the national championship this year than any of your teams could have dreamed of. One bad break was all it took.

So enjoy it while it lasts, but, the fact remains... Texas > you.

LSU had about 3 horrible calls by the refs that caused the loss to Auburn. Without that loss then LSU is 11-1, going to the SEC championship game having wins against the #2, #5 and #8 teams in the country. The only loss would have come to the then #2 team in the country and they would get to redeem themselves in the SEC Championship game. If both teams weren't hurt by a bad call then LSU would easily be ahead of UT.

Yeah. Texas and OSU. Id wanna see that whipping again. Except this time there would be more OSU fans there this time.

Get over it, Cannon. Vince Young is G O N E

Will this whining & crying continue after Tejas gets smoked by [any] SEC team in the Cotton Bowl? Sadly, no...

I'm surprised noone's agreeing with you. That's all you see here every Saturday is how the refs have it out for their team. :shrug:

You haven't heard me crying about the call.

I'm just saying, we were one bad break from the title game. We would have gotten smoked, but it's further than any other team except OSU got.

we were one bad break from the title game.

If Major Harris wasn't hurt in the 89 Fiesta Bowl, I might have a National title.
Injuries suck, join the club. January 2 , 1989: Notre Dame: 34: West Virginia: 21

MajorHarris.jpg

Last edited:
LOL. This is the most ridiculous thread ever started on this forum ever. And clear evidence of the delusional state in which Longhorn fans live. GOHWTBS.

It's not ridiculous at all.

We probably would have beaten KState with Colt healthy, and we _definitely_ would have beaten aggy. You don't go from scoring 40 to scoring 7 (against a mediocre defense) overnight for no reason.

3rd and 1, first drive of the Kansas State game. Selvin Young runs the ball, sticks it out before his knee hit the ground, and the ball clearly crosses the goalline. The refs rule him short and never review it.

4th and 1, QB sneak by Colt McCoy. Touchdown. But, McCoy hurts his shoulder.

Had the refs made the correct call on the 3rd and 1, Colt never gets hurt, we beat K-State, and we actually have an offense against aggy. McCoy clearly should not have been playing last week. He was underthrowing receivers by ten yards on 25 yard patterns.

I know you guys enjoy the agony of a Texas fan... but unless you're a USC, Ohio State, or Michigan fan, Texas was closer to the national championship this year than any of your teams could have dreamed of. One bad break was all it took.

So enjoy it while it lasts, but, the fact remains... Texas > you.

Yeah, all that, and the fact they got absolutely destroyed by the team they would have been facing already this year. Good Call Cannon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom