Thaddeus Moss declares for the 2020 NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

So last year people on this board wanted Irv Smith Jr who is 6'2" 242 and ran a 4.64, but are dismissive of Thaddeus Moss at 6'3" 249 and should run in the 4.54 range.
I wouldn't mind him if he makes it to the 5th round. Could be nice to develop as an eventual Josh Hill replacement..

I just wouldn't want to spend a 4th or anything higher on him, considering the WRs, Corners, Interior OL and DL that are in this draft; and are all much more of a pressing issue for the Saints than adding another complimentary TE.

All things considered I think the Saints are okay at the Tight End position with Jared Cook, Josh Hill, Taysom as the flexibility, they will also probably bring back Garrett Griffin, and Jason Vander-Laan off IR to compete in camp next season. So all things considered I think Tight End is only a position you consider if there's a guy with TJ Hockenson, Dallas Goedert, or Noah Fant type potential still somehow sitting there Day 2.

It's really the only position group on the roster I'd be okay with them not making any significant moves, or additions this off-season. Can't say the same for QB, OL, WR, IDL, LB, DB.

Bro I'm talking about their style of play

Jason witten may be 6'6 but it's not like hes a jump ball reciever.

Height has nothing to do with it
I understand what you mean. I don’t disagree. But it’s still a weird comparison for me. Their body types are significantly different, which matters for the TE position (and not just when it comes to jump balls).

Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 at his combine. He could outrun Moss running backwards

Davis
Delanie Walker Aaron Hernandez Charles Clay it’s a lot of TEs that came in at 6-2-6’3 and are effective and I’m sure he’ll run in the 4.6 ran he’ll be fine in the right system will he be a #1 idk

Davis
Delanie Walker Aaron Hernandez Charles Clay it’s a lot of TEs that came in at 6-2-6’3 and are effective and I’m sure he’ll run in the 4.6 ran he’ll be fine in the right system will he be a #1 idk
he's not going 1st day. He'll be a late rounder or udfa

I understand what you mean. I don’t disagree. But it’s still a weird comparison for me. Their body types are significantly different, which matters for the TE position (and not just when it comes to jump balls).

IMO there body types really aren't different l. It's just the height, they are both stocky.

I hear you though

I'm telling you just focus on the style of play, and they are almost identical

I have no problem drafting him. Has real potential.

Now I do think he will be taken late as hell. Like 3rd day or not even at all.

If you look at his body of work it is not impressive.

If you think like the system he was in he would be the open guy because of the other players getting coverage made him open.

You will have to work to get him the ball cuz scheme did the work at LSU.

IMO there body types really aren't different l. It's just the height, they are both stocky.

I hear you though

I'm telling you just focus on the style of play, and they are almost identical
Height/length matters. Like a lot. It helps determine how defenses choose to match up. There are a whole lot more NFL DBs and LBs who can hold their own against a 6’3” slowish TE than could handle Jason Witten (in his prime).

Last edited:
Height/length matters. Like a lot. It helps determine how defenses choose to match up. There are a whole lot more NFL DBs and LBs who can hold their own against a 6’3” slowish TE than could handle Jason Witten (in his prime).

Yes I never said that

What I'm telling you is I'm comparing their play.

I was making my point for you to just watch them play and not worry about their height. I'm not saying height doesnt matter in reality.

Also Jason Witten maybe 6'6 but he never was a guy that played to his height that much. His style of play wasnt reliant on his height.

Jason witten was a nuanced route runner for his position. He just knew how to read defenses and get open. As well as an elite blocker.

Yes I never said that

What I'm telling you is I'm comparing their play.

I was making my point for you to just watch them play and not worry about their height. I'm not saying height doesnt matter in reality.

Also Jason Witten maybe 6'6 but he never was a guy that played to his height that much. His style of play wasnt reliant on his height.

Jason witten was a nuanced route runner for his position. He just knew how to read defenses and get open. As well as an elite blocker.
OK. You win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom