Thaddeus Moss TE (1 Viewer)

Moss? 5th? Won’t happen. He’ll be gone by the time our 3rd is on the clock
Lol... He's not.

He didn't participate in any drills out fear of tanking his draft stock.

He's a 5th round talent that I would pass on...

Lol... He's not.

He's a 5th round talent that I would pass on...

I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks bro. I'm not sure why he didn't workout but I'm sure it wasn't for the reason you mentioned.

Here's a pretty good/honest scouting report on Thad:

Player Summary - Thaddeus Moss projects as a traditional in-line tight end prospect who will have an opportunity to earn a starting role at the NFL level. The son of legendary receiver Randy Moss, Thaddeus is currently a more effective blocker and wins on the ground game and in pass pro thanks to a dense frame and powerful punches. Not the most explosive athlete, it is difficult to envision a dynamic role in the passing game — but Moss can win against underneath zones and help move the sticks.

The link gives a full breakdown

I was never overly impressed with Moss as a TE and he does not fit into Payton's offense. Moss fits in an offense where he would be the check down receiver. Payton uses his TE's to create mismatches and get downfield allowing the RB to be the checkdown and space to run.

I think he'd be a nice upgrade to Josh Hill but I don't see him for the Cook spot .

Player Summary - Thaddeus is currently a more effective blocker and wins on the ground game and in pass pro thanks to a dense frame and powerful punches. Not the most explosive athlete, it is difficult to envision a dynamic role in the passing game — but Moss can win against underneath zones and help move the sticks.

What more do you need.
You need a TE to split the reps with cook. Dude does get dinged up in Peytons offense.
Moss has a high ceiling.

Hard no. There are plenty of UDFA'a with better size, speed, and catch radius. I believe this to be true because I'm a big LSU fan.

Cook and Hill are old. There are plenty of NFL caliber TE's cut or stashed on PS every year. Like RB's, there are way more good ones than there are roster spots on teams. Development time and roster room are the real issues, not finding a quality TE.

He showed up to the combine and they told him he had a broken foot and needed surgery.

He’s not going to be drafted until the 6 th or 7 th round imo. And if he wasn’t Randy Moss’s son, I doubt he would be drafted at all.

Don’t forget we have taysom taking snaps as well at tight end...

I see T. Moss I think of Billy Miller, I 'd welcome the addition.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom