Thaddeus Moss TE (2 Viewers)

I think Moss would be a great pickup as he could learn from Cook of becoming a pro. I am sure pops already gave a heads up but a different skill set. Moss has really good hands and is sneaky at finding open space. Solid pick if taken except 1st round of course.

I would love the pick, we could always use him in situational plays. He could learn under Jared Cook for a year then take over next year.

I would play him at TE/FB hybird dude would be killing . Imagine a run set play action with Murray and Moss in the backfield Thomas and Sanders our wide Cook on the line and Taysom at QB. That’s dangerous

He runs like a much bigger man and he demonstrates NFL speed before the snap. His frame could support less weight and he has shown the ability to rebound from frequent foot injuries with a positive attitude. Athletically, Moss is like having an extension of the coaching staff on the field. He looks good in a uniform and has a presence in the locker room. In short, he will definitely be an addition to the team that drafts him. If the Saints were to pick him in the 5th round, I believe he stands a chance of being the best 5th round pick the Saints have had since taking Kenny Stills in 2013.

Last edited:
I like Moss but I don't see him as a fit for us.

I see Moss in the pros as big slot receiver, and a very good one, but frankly I don't see him as a capable blocker the pro game.

His assets are similar as Jared Cook's. If we are going to invest on the position, we need someone similar but better than Josh Hill, a tight end that can help us in the running game and catch a ball every once in a while.

Although we need to get younger at the position, for this year I will stay with who we have and instead use a 3rd or 4th draft pick in a versatile fullback. A fullback that can run on short situations, be a smart blocker and being able to confidently catch the ball. That will be a difference maker on our scheme.

A.J. Dillon of Boston College (a big running back that can switch to full back) or Kelton Moore of Nevada would be my choices.

Saints need TE from the draft or FA. Moss would be great.
Cooks has a nack for concussions. He left 2x Games this season from dirty shots from DBs.
and Hill does his job but hasnt shown much in thee passing game. After Cook and Hill who do the saints have?

Jimmy Graham was selected in the third round in a much weaker draft. If Moss has the last name of Jones, and he went to Auburn...where would he have been selected? Not in the third round.

Saints need TE from the draft or FA. Moss would be great.
Cooks has a nack for concussions. He left 2x Games this season from dirty shots from DBs.
and Hill does his job but hasnt shown much in thee passing game. After Cook and Hill who do the saints have?
No one

There's this
There's this guy called Taysom Hill. And when the Saints need an additional TE for blocking, they roll out the 6th lineman.

You may not like it, but it's what is working.

We don't carry 4 TE on this roster, so it hinges entirely on whether the Saints remove TH from the TE room this year. Given that Drew is playing this year there's no real impetus for them to do that and TH gives them excellent roster flexibility.

And before you mention age, yet again, we had a TE playing a front line role at 37 and that wasn't an issue while he could still play. The succession plan will come, not necessarily this season though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom