Thailand protests (1 Viewer)

Twyst

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
May as well make a thread as this looks like its gaining steam and it's a powder keg. Protests are growing by the day in a country where simply saying an offhand negative remark about the king can lead to a hefty prison sentence. Not a whole lot on international news sites yet and obviously thai news channels cant report the real news.

Its all over social media, wont be shocked if facebook gets shut down there soon as the protests are spreading around the country. They have already blocked change.org as there was a petition they didnt like

Screenshot 2020-10-17 083312.png
help.jpg

Speech like this from a paper inside thailand just doesnt happen. We are witnessing the birth of a democracy I hope

A lot of Thai people bout to get kilt.
I really hope not but it's on the table. I just bought a nice condo in Bangkok last year, it's such a great place with great people and the young people of thailand deserve change. My girlfriend seems unconcerned somehow which blows my mind, she says not to worry about her she just doesnt go where the protests are :lol:

I really hope not but it's on the table. I just bought a nice condo in Bangkok last year, it's such a great place with great people and the young people of thailand deserve change. My girlfriend seems unconcerned somehow which blows my mind, she says not to worry about her she just doesnt go where the protests are :lol:
not to change the topic, but lol @ bangkok.

And we now have theirversion of "tank man"

tttttttttt.jpg

It's really inspiring to see the young people banding together and demanding change like this. The protesters are mostly college students and other people their age. The older generation has seen this go badly for them too many times to get involved again

And we now have theirversion of "tank man"

tttttttttt.jpg

It's really inspiring to see the young people banding together and demanding change like this. The protesters are mostly college students and other people their age. The older generation has seen this go badly for them too many times to get involved again

Seems weird that the word "Police" is emblazoned on the shields of Thai police. Are there a lot of English speaking people in their country?

As for the political situation there, powder keg is about right. Just hate seeing people suffer because their government can't help themselves.

Seems weird that the word "Police" is emblazoned on the shields of Thai police. Are there a lot of English speaking people in their country?

As for the political situation there, powder keg is about right. Just hate seeing people suffer because their government can't help themselves.
Agreed. Definitely sad to see people suffer because of their government.

Yes, especially in Bangkok. Thailand gets 40 million international tourists a year (9th most in the world) and most of them speak english. Even the chinese that aere now swarming to thailand communicate with the thai people in English

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom