Thank you Anthony Davis! (Payton Related) (1 Viewer)

I think its about pompus player and a coach with an ego.

A way to say new orleans is not an attractive market
That’s the takeaway. If the NFL was as liberal with free agency as NBA, Saints would never compete.

It’s just not a desirable place to live for many. Have to elect better leaders for Saints and city to be viable.

I think Sean is just sick of living here as much is required for the job.

Wow so initially the Saints were going to let him go to Dallas and Gayle Benson changed her mind and refused after Davis wanted to be traded? Man I hope that wasn't true that Payton wanted to leave as the article said after the 2019 season, because if Gayle did refuse his wish he may have found a loophole out of it IF what is being reported in that article is true. The entire article even though not written by Mike Florio from ProFootballTalk directly, was based entirely on his report. Who knows how true that is though

Drew’s kids always went to school here in the fall and SD in the Spring
I was just about to say the same thing. Not to mention, Drew has always stayed involved with San Diego & I don't think it's ever been a secret that he would eventually move back there. That doesn't mean he won't also stay involved and have a close relationship with the New Orleans community.

If this is true I have two thoughts:
1. This is why Loomis should not be involved in both franchises.
2. Knowing his heart was drifting from the Saints as Brees aged, Payton screwed this team with the whole Taysom Hill QB thing and wasted a draft pick on Ian Book. He was probably thinking, I can always just get out and not be stuck with these guys in a couple of years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom