Thank you Anthony Davis! (Payton Related) (1 Viewer)

I think its about pompus player and a coach with an ego.

A way to say new orleans is not an attractive market
I think people are confused about market size. The NFL doesn’t have a market size problem. KC, Cincinnati, Buffalo, GB were all in the playoffs and look to be the teams of the future and they are ALL small markets.
And I wouldn’t insult Coach Payton. He literally spent a decade and a half as a Saint. If he truly had an ego, he would have been aiming for the Cowboys job around 08.

I think people are confused about market size. The NFL doesn’t have a market size problem. KC, Cincinnati, Buffalo, GB were all in the playoffs and look to be the teams of the future and they are ALL small markets.
And I wouldn’t insult Coach Payton. He literally spent a decade and a half as a Saint. If he truly had an ego, he would have been aiming for the Cowboys job around 08.
I agree with your last sentence

If it’s true, Gayle Benson’s giggling and chuckling while saying basically “whatever, don’t know, don’t care” to that reporter yesterday makes a lot of sense.

Why turn this into another s&$tting on New Orleans diatribe? Jerry wanted to throw a pile of money at Shawn and pay us, we contemplated it, eventually declined. Organizations ponder all sorts of things all the time. He signed an extension to stay here, but is burnt out. He earned the right a thousand times over to leave in his own terms whenever that was going to be. If he wants a new challenge, good on him!

He and Mickey built a legitimate franchise / organization from a hot mess. The foundation and culture is here to build on. Over the next few days / weeks, bet on talking heads using this as an opportunity to drag back in all the old tired arguments on why NO isn’t a good destination for coaches / players. It’s BS, and couldn’t be further from the truth.

If this is true I have two thoughts:
1. This is why Loomis should not be involved in both franchises.
2. Knowing his heart was drifting from the Saints as Brees aged, Payton screwed this team with the whole Taysom Hill QB thing and wasted a draft pick on Ian Book. He was probably thinking, I can always just get out and not be stuck with these guys in a couple of years.
Your sure on a roll tonight!

He’s worth 8-9 figures; it’s always good for PR to keep property in the market where you had your greatest success.

Let’s see how often he actually lives here; my guess it’s not too often.
It’s not a requirement for him to live here to still have some sort of connection to the franchise.

I heard Mike Florio talk about this on Dallas sports radio this morning. Here's his pinned tweet with the story.

Totally agree on CSP....he has earned the respect of any true Saints fan, I could care less about the rest of the BS, the dude can live or not live where ever he wants.....time to move on and find our next HC!!!!!

Look, Sean helped bring us to a new territory as Saints fans and gave us realistic SB aspirations every single year he was our head coach, and for that I will be forever grateful. I respect his decision as much as it hurts and hope him all the best in whatever future endeavors he pursues.

BUT, what hurts me the most from this report, (IF it’s actually true), is that this means just DAYS after our soul crushing loss/no call to the Rams in the NFC Championship game, he was plotting his exit. I know I’m just being a selfish fan, but shouldn’t he have been reeling and depressed for a while like the rest of us?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom